All Brian Joubert News! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

All Brian Joubert News!

jennylovskt

Medalist
I agree with B.

The good thing is that this time, Joubert's LP seems not only having jumps. It has emotion and intensity. I expect this program to bring out more of his artistic talent.

chloe

Rinkside
I believe it was Tarasova who once said 'The more mistakes one makes in his program, the more dependent one become on the flaws of his rivals".

yes I agree, the best is too depend on your own strengths.

zandor

On the Ice
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!:cool:

I wish you all the best in your life, specially a gold medal at Olympics!:rock:

Losts of kisses and hugs to you:love:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Didn't someone suggest Joubert will stay in eligible skating post-Vancouver in order to (among other things) have an opportunity to skate at Worlds in France? Well - apparently the FFSG is applying to host 2012 Worlds (Brian will be 27 then). Though I must say it would be a bit surprising for a European city to host Worlds that year, given that 2010 is in Torino.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Didn't someone suggest Joubert will stay in eligible skating post-Vancouver in order to (among other things) have an opportunity to skate at Worlds in France? Well - apparently the FFSG is applying to host 2012 Worlds (Brian will be 27 then). Though I must say it would be a bit surprising for a European city to host Worlds that year, given that 2010 is in Torino.
Who cares? I want it always in Europe! France is just around the corner.

seniorita

Record Breaker
:laugh::laugh::laugh: I think I ll agree with Medusa!:thumbsup: France, Germany, England wherever!Or Greece:biggrin:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Who cares? I want it always in Europe! France is just around the corner.
It's not around the corner for me, but other than that, I would totally support having Worlds in Europe every year! It's probably too far for me to go in most cases, but at the very least, it would mean no middle of the night skating... Even if I were willing to wake up for it (which I'm generally not), Eurosport would have infomercials on anyway.

I hear ES is not showing the GPs this season :scowl:.

Seniorita - Worlds in Greece would be fantastic! Much better weather in late March than most of Europe. Let's start a petition.

Other Joubert news: he promised Laurent Depouilly and Didier Gailhaguet he would not ride his motorcycle until the end of the season, or the Olympics, or whatever. Normally I'm opposed to DG making decisions for Brian, but in this case it strikes me as a wise course of action :agree:.

seniorita

Record Breaker
it would mean no middle of the night skating...

I hear ES is not showing the GPs this season :scowl:.

Seniorita - Worlds in Greece would be fantastic! Much better weather in late March than most of Europe. Let's start a petition.

Yes middle night waking up,:mad: I ve ruined my precious sleep in school and uni years with alarm clock, so I propose Worlds and Olys in Europe permantly:laugh:
No eurosport?Well russian tv again..:rolleye: At least this year I might understand a word or two..
Greece has no ice rink of proper dimensions(or of any dimensions), but imagine we can bring skating outdoors again in a frozen lake!!that would be great!:yes:And then we have an after skating party in Mykonos.:biggrin:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
No eurosport?Well russian tv again..:rolleye: At least this year I might understand a word or two..
All I can say in Russian - probably with a bad accent - is "I want to go home". Is Russian TV showing Nebelhorn? Will Fedor Andreev get to skate? Sorry for the off-topic stuff but all skater threads must be at least somewhat OT to be of real interest. Even Joubert's :).
Greece has no ice rink of proper dimensions(or of any dimensions), but imagine we can bring skating outdoors again in a frozen lake!!that would be great!:yes:And then we have an after skating party in Mykonos.:biggrin:
Greece has no ice rink but it has frozen lakes :unsure:? In March? Heh, we have you beat on ice rinks! Anyway, I'm still in favor of Greece. Spain would also be nice.

seniorita

Record Breaker
All I can say in Russian - probably with a bad accent - is "I want to go home"

That can be useful if you are lost in Paris :laugh:
If you watch the competitions in russian tv for a year, then you invent words and make your own language with russian accent. Thats what I do. :pGood thing with russian broadcast is that they keep silent.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
More generally, it's not that unusual for worlds to be held in Europe so closely together. 2004, 2005, 2008, 2010 had Worlds in European cities (Dortmund, Moscow, Gothenburg and Turin, respectively).

jennylovskt

Medalist
So, figure skating is shrinking in Europe too? With those strong competitors at hands, such as Joubert, Verner, and Lambiel, and the pairs teams, and dance teams? And it's Olympic season?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
That can be useful if you are lost in Paris :laugh:
The funny thing is, I can't actually say it in French!

Oh no, where did you hear this. Not even the GP final then?
FSU. Apparently some people got in touch with ES, and the answer is that only the Golden Skate awards are on the schedule this fall. Let's hope that changes.

More generally, it's not that unusual for worlds to be held in Europe so closely together. 2004, 2005, 2008, 2010 had Worlds in European cities (Dortmund, Moscow, Gothenburg and Turin, respectively).
Yes, and now that I think about it, 2008-2010. But we did have three straight years earlier this decade with nothing in Europe (2001/2/3).

So, figure skating is shrinking in Europe too? With those strong competitors at hands, such as Joubert, Verner, and Lambiel, and the pairs teams, and dance teams? And it's Olympic season?
Is it the school kids at TEB thing? I think they just sell less tickets for the first day, which of course is a work day for most people... The same thing was done last year, too. I looked at ordering tickets for the LPs (though I'm not planning on going) and the seats left didn't seem that great, which seems to indicate good sales. The FFSG doesn't seem to have trouble funding training for their senior skaters, as far as I know (Natacha, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
No we need Worlds to be held in Sheffield in the UK. The main reason being that it is about an hours drive from my house so I could attend the whole thing!!

Another good reason would be that there is a big Arena that could put the main competition on and Ice Sheffield is walking distance from the Arena with two ice pads for practice ice - it would be perfect! Does anyone from the ISU read these forums? :laugh:

Ant

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ant - see I tried that argument for the US National Championships and people just laugh... *sigh*

antmanb

Record Breaker
Ant - see I tried that argument for the US National Championships and people just laugh... *sigh*

That just proves that people are stupid :laugh:

Actually I think Sheffield have put in a bid for Europeans....which if it proved successfull and the event went well could be good for worlds (assuming that it was on the back of Europeans 89 that Birmingham got worlds 95).

Though many people seem to think that sheffield is not a good location because there isn't an international airport in Sheffield. There is, however, Manchester Airport which is a major international (including trans-continental flights) and also East midlands airport, smaller than Manchester but still has inter-continental flights - both of them within an hour and half's travelling distance by road. In addition there's Leeds-Bradford airport very close to Sheffield which is good for European flights.

Ant (the etnernal optimist that i might actually get to see Europeans or worlds in the UK).

Buttercup

Record Breaker
There was an FFSG news conference yesterday (that's where the bid for Worlds was announced). The video is on their Olympic blog - everyone seemed to be bored, with a comic moment when DG had to be reminded (by Brian) what Chan's name was ;). A Skate Canada vs. FFSG feud would be kind of funny. Though probably not good for the skaters.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I would go to the UK for Europeans or Worlds. I like the UK, even the people, despite the barbaric language, their eurohate and sometimes strange behaviour. On the plus side - no hugging, no kissing (only seniorita gets that remark, I guess).