Weir's new SP | Golden Skate

Weir's new SP

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Thank you for the link, LilyOfTheValley :thumbsup:

Since 'Skating for the Heart' is a charity event with an important message, I think participation, showing you really care, matters more that the actual skating.

Mehdi

On the Ice
I'm usually not a big fan of Johnny's skating but I was touched by this exhibition program. He skated it with heart.

Penny

On the Ice
improved spins

The spins are gorgeous and much faster than in the past--slow spins were one of my few complaints about Johnny. Footwork was very good. Also, good choreography. Let's hope this carries over to his competition programs.

sk8m8

Final Flight
"Diva Wilson"

I hope that this year's collaboration with David Wilson (Diva Wilson, to quote Johnny) is really spectacular.

Wilson is such a gifted choreographer and while I love JWe's Russian influences, I hope Wilson has provided him some of his often illustrated mojo.

I've always thought that Buttle's and Rochette's programs were some of the best composed skating choreography out there toda

merrybari

Final Flight
Thanks for the link.

After watching I have to agree with those who've said it's not all that much different from previous programs. Also the costume is not as extreme as I expected from his comments.

This particular performance didn't sparkle for me. Will be fun to watch and see if he - and it - progresses as the season does.

Last edited:

Wicked

Final Flight
I love Johnny and am disappointed to say this program did nothing for me. Maybe it's a grower.

SusieH

On the Ice
Maybe it's a grower.

Amen :) I love Johnny's skating (and his colorful personality :p), and I really want to love his programs too. Let's hope it's a grower. Besides, it seems he cut some parts off due to the size of the rink, so we haven't seen the full version yet!

Oldies

Rinkside
I'm a big fan of Johnny but that program really did nothing at all for me. After his performance and nationals last year I was really hoping for drastic improvement.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Maybe this sp is still a work in progress? Anyway, I was disappointed to see that Weir did not change his interpretation according to the change in tempo. I wonder, if this is the original Wilson choreography or has there been changes done by Weir´s coaches? I really liked the music and it gives the opportunity for so much more.

leruiz

Rinkside
His program did nothing for me and found it a little bland which doesn't go at all with his outgoing personality but then again it is early and its still a work in process. I'm sure it will get better

OHgal

Rinkside
I've seen bits and pieces of this program during Johnny's practices, and I think it is much better live and in person. IMO, the power and grace of his skating never come thru 100% on film!

It is very cool music, isn't it!

taylorfax

On the Ice
Potentially very hot. Looking forward to seeing it properly, and of course it needs some mileage. The costume I already like a lot.