blatant plagiarism | Golden Skate

blatant plagiarism

sunrock

Rinkside

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I am not saying it is "right.":bow:

However, it is in a different key, has a different time signature and the lyrics are Definably different - one of those factors alone could be the difference. Biggest to me is Recognition. I could not recognize the 2 if I listened to random parts as well I doubt the immediate audience would either. I.M.O. No laws violated there. I get some things like Huey Lewis I Want A New Drug vs. Ray Parker jr's Ghostbusters. This ... I feel is more lack of creativity with a desire to be popular more than it is to be a creative musician. :confused: j.m.o.

Wiki has some feedback on this as well:indiff:

If it any consolation to you, I imagine they will not be popular for very long. Just a hunch. Bad side is they will likely "hook-up" with some rich "ta'do" and live happily ever after. :disapp:

One more quick thought on this ...

Creativity .... ponder...... not without inspiration / influence / impression. I think most people recognize a thing or two when listening to music, sometimes I hear people say "I love this song" and 10 seconds in they are saying that wasn't the song I thought it was."

And some I do agree are just over the top. They take key elements of the song that made it popular and emphasize on it.

Last edited by a moderator: