Men's Roster Presumptive | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's Roster Presumptive

life684

Final Flight
Is Michal Brezina now guaranteed an Olympic spot as he won Czech nationals, beating Tomas Verner? Or do we have to wait until Europeans to see if he gets a spot? I assume Tomas still has his spot even though he didn't win nationals.

Thanks to Verner's 4th place finish at the last world championships, Czechs have two olympic spot in the mens competition. Hence both will go to Olympics as well as Euros

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Thanks to Verner's 4th place finish at the last world championships, Czechs have two olympic spot in the mens competition. Hence both will go to Olympics as well as Euros

Oh that's great news! I really like both Verner and Brezina, lots of talent. If Verner could land all his jumps in the SP and LP I think he could maybe win OGM, or definitely medal, especially if Joubert's injury is still nagging him. Tomas is so unpredictable, though, it seems like he always starts out great then makes silly mistakes. He's the male equivalent of Carolina Kostner, who I also hope will be at the Olympics!

The problem with Brezina is that he has probliems skating both SP and LP at his best. Hopefully we will see 2 great ones at Euros and Olys. If he does he will be top 5 at the Olys and a podium contender at Worlds. No?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
The problem with Brezina is that he has probliems skating both SP and LP at his best. Hopefully we will see 2 great ones at Euros and Olys. If he does he will be top 5 at the Olys and a podium contender at Worlds. No?

I agree, but that's the problem with Verner too, probably even more so. A clean Verner could easily have the highest TES of the men and his PCS are usually high too because of his good edging, speed, and footwork. I think if he could ever do two programs to his potential he could win OGM. Brezina could also do quite well, but again I think it will all come down to if these two men can deliver when it really counts.