Which 3 Ladies you hope Japan sends to the Olympics? | Golden Skate

Which 3 Ladies you hope Japan sends to the Olympics?

Which 3 Ladies you hope Japan sends to the Olympics?

• Miki Ando

Votes: 79 85.9%
  • Mao Asada

Votes: 70 76.1%
  • Yukari Nakano

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Fumie Suguri

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • Akiko Suzuki

Votes: 43 46.7%

• Total voters

vlaurend

Final Flight
I am American, too, but that doesn't stop me from wanting the best skaters in the world to represent their respective countries! :yes:

I'd like to see Mao, Miki and Yukari!

lcd

Match Penalty
Mao obviously. Miki another given. I love both Fumi and Yukari, but I think Yukari has had the short end of the stick so many times, it would be good for my 'heart' to see her on the team.

Bennett

Record Breaker
IMO, akiko is better than yukari overall. Akiko is better than yukari at jumps, steps, skating skills, and presentation even though worse at spins. Yukari has some problems in her edges quality, steps, and jumps. I wish either her coach had taught her basics better or she had listened to her coach better when she was little.

ETA: Despite that, Yukari may score better than Akiko on PCS. After all, Akiko is a new comer and Yukari was the 4th at 2008 Worlds. Although both Akiko and Fumie may get decent PCS at Nationals, JSF may feel that they shouldn't ignore their international reputations.
So if everyone is clean, Yukari > Akiko > Fumie. But I am also getting a bit skeptical about Akiko's own nerves, esp. with less experience at big comps than the other two skaters.

Last edited:

cornell08

Final Flight
I like Mao, Miki and Akiko. Yukari's leg wrap is still distracting, and Fumie always looks kind of pissed off. Maybe its just the nerves...shrug.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I want Mao to be there. But if she does not do well at the Nationals, I'd like her to stay home, which would be the best for everyone in such a case.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Fumie absolutely should not go. She had her chances already and has lost both her consistency and her performance ability in the past few years. Everything she has done post 2006 has been disappointing.

Between Yukari and Akiko, it's Akiko who is the better skater right now. Yukari is a wonderful performer but she hasn't been able to jump very well since 2008 Worlds.

Yukari deserves a trip to the Olympics, though. The limit of 3 skaters per country still infuriates me. She should have been able to go in 2006 and, if she doesn't make top 3 at Japanese Nationals this year, she should still be able to go based upon her Grand Prix results.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Yukari deserves a trip to the Olympics, though. The limit of 3 skaters per country still infuriates me. She should have been able to go in 2006 and, if she doesn't make top 3 at Japanese Nationals this year, she should still be able to go based upon her Grand Prix results.

Huh? Ando, Suzuki, and Asada all finished ahead of Yukari on the grand prix this season.

dannyascii

On the Ice
Fumie's kind of lost the old spark she had, but you have to commend her for keeping at it. I don't necessarily think she's better than Yukari, but I'd be sad to see her not go to what would definitely is her last Olympic trip.
Mao, Miki and Fumie

sorcerer

Final Flight
To be realistic, I don't doubt JSF sending Mao and Miki, so 2 locked and only 1 left for Akiko, Yukari, Fumie, among which Akiko is likely. She's on uptide.
JSF will probably send Yukari to Worlds and Fumie to 4CC.

Anyway, the Nationals will be a nailbiter for sure.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I have kind of forgotten that Yukari had an injury. JSF may prefer a healthy Yukari to a healthy Akiko, but a healthy Akiko may be preferable than an injured Yukari. Or perhaps she could be healthy by now anyway.