Some Swedish Skatenews | Golden Skate

Some Swedish Skatenews

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
An elite league for swedish figure skaters started this weekend. 14 rounds on different locations lead up to a final with price money. 180 skaters(novices, juniors, senior ladies and men) are invited to do 6 events each, based on last seasons results. Ice dancers and pairs will compete in some of the rounds. The final with the best 60 skaters is held in april 2010.

Good opportunity for young talented skaters to compete against each other the hole season and gain valuable experience. The price money gives the sport necessary status. :clap: to SKF(swedish figure skating federation)

btw in this hockey crazy country it is
tough to be a figure skater in Sweden...

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Adrian to be the first quad guy in Sweden?

Recently back from two weeks training in US, Adrian does his first elite league competition this weekend.

"The compettion is an important preparation for the upcoming GP event in Moscow. My big goal this season is the olympics." Adrian thinks he has a good chance to get Sweden's only spot: "It's my turn now. I am young, on my way up and belong among the world's elite skaters"

For two weeks Adrian trained in Lake Arrowhead with Aratunian. "It worked great. He gave me many new ideas and teached me to be more openminded while skating. Maybe I have earlier been a bit stiff on the ice, but I feel more relaxed now. It was also very inspiring training together with Sasha Cohen." (I bet Adrian, I bet it was ;) )

"At last my foot feels really good from the operation 18 months ago. This weekend I will give it all, and who knows; if I feel inspired maybe I'll attempt a quadruple toeloop!"

Freely translated from this interview.

Last edited: