Adelina Sotnikova vs Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova vs Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

life684

Final Flight
I notice both Liza and Adelina got bonus points for Lp, and Liza for her sp. Is it same as few years ago, when for doing Lz and Flip jumps in Sp and doing all five triple for LP the skater gets 2 extra points, or have they changed the rules. (in this case without edge calls may be required)

And Plushy scores a massive 97.35 for SP, he too got bonus for doing possibly quad and triple axel.(and several more on TES, and even more on PCS, just have a look at the scores) :rofl::laugh:

At this rates he will score more the 110 in sp at russian championships.
1 Evgeniy PLUSHENKO
SPB 97.35 54.10 B 43.25 8.50 8.35 8.95 8.75 8.70 0.00 # 4

Last edited:

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I notice both Liza and Adelina got bonus points for Lp, and Liza for her sp. Is it same as few years ago, when for doing Lz and Flip jumps in Sp and doing all five triple for LP the skater gets 2 extra points, or have they changed the rules. (in this case without edge calls may be required)

And Plushy scores a massive 97.35 for SP, he too got bonus for doing possibly quad and triple axel.(and several more on TES, and even more on PCS, just have a look at the scores) :rofl::laugh:

At this rates he will score more the 110 in sp at russian championships.
1 Evgeniy PLUSHENKO
SPB 97.35 54.10 B 43.25 8.50 8.35 8.95 8.75 8.70 0.00 # 4

Liza got 2 points bonus for 3Lz and 3F (clean and right edges) and 3 points for 3-3 in both programs.
Adelina got 3 points bonus for 3S-3Lo only in FS 'cause there was an edge call on her lutz in both programs, so she didn't get bonuses for 3Lz-3Lo and for 3Lz and 3F. There's no bonus for 5 triples

As for Plushenko, he got 3 points bonus for 4-3, not for 3A (only juniors got bonus for 3A)

oleada

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, Adelina was born one day after the cutoff, so she wasn't able to compete in the JGP! But both she and Elizaveta are extremely talented, can't wait to see them compete internationally in the future.

life684

Final Flight
Unfortunately, Adelina was born one day after the cutoff, so she wasn't able to compete in the JGP! But both she and Elizaveta are extremely talented, can't wait to see them compete internationally in the future.

That rule is stupidity at its extreme form, i mean few hours difference decide who could compete and who could not compete; and what is more interesting is someone born at the same moment at different part of the world may be able compete at the championships.

Gymnastics and Figure Skating should learn from diving where you have young girls and boys, of the likes of Tom Daley and veterans like Dmitry Sautine are all allowed to compete

bibi

On the Ice

Is the cutoff that the girls have to turn 13 before july 10th ? I thought it was July 1st? anyway...it's still stupid.. haha

oleada

Record Breaker
They'll both be eligible for Sochi 2014.

Adelina's birthday is July 1st, 1996 (as per the Russian fed's website). The cutoff birthday for being eligible for the JGP is June 30th, 1996.

Tuktamysheva's birthday is December 17, 1996.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
They'll both be eligible for Sochi 2014.

Adelina's birthday is July 1st, 1996 (as per the Russian fed's website). The cutoff birthday for being eligible for the JGP is June 30th, 1996.

Tuktamysheva's birthday is December 17, 1996.

:laugh: I meant 2014. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am glad that both will be eligible and from the looks of it, it's only going to get better from here

Wrlmy

Medalist

I'm impressed Russian fed didn't forge Adelina's birth certificate. That must've been extremely tempting!

Medusa

Record Breaker
Excuse me if I don't get all excited over little girls jumping around with their tiny thin aerodynamic bodies. On the one hand little ladies' skating is even more boring than grown-up ladies' skating - and on the other hand the probability is quite high that in 2 or 3 years time the 3-3s are gone, as are probably 1 or 2 of the triples, they start getting competition nerves, their skating will be as much as a snoozefest as it is these days.

The Mishin-girl might have actually a chance though, her technique looks more solid - and she is trained by the master of all things tech: Mishin.

And I am really happy that there are age limits, sport is not supposed to be child labour. If the parents and sport officials want to train these little girls to death - fine, we can't do anything about it. But the international organisations should not support it by lowering the age limits.

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
I prefer Adelina over Elizaveta. She is just so flexible and choreographically talented! Elizaveta though has safe jumps and is improving on choreography, her hands work little magic this season. But for me to look at Adelina skate is a real plesure, I like her spirals and spins a lot. And I do give her a credit for doing 3 loop as second jump. It's admirable she is not afraid to lose points on it for UR. I hope she can fix her flutz which now seems to be the only problem for her.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I hope she can fix her flutz which now seems to be the only problem for her.

Last season she did lutz, not flutz, but had wrong edge on flip. This season she fixed her flip, but started to do flutz :no:

Really? LOL! Then it's wrong on the fed's website!
Yeah, it's wrong, her bithday is July 11

As for me, I think I prefer Liza for really good jumping technique and for her hands, but Adelina's spins are beautiful, fast and difficult, so I like them both ;) And hope they will stay healthy and competive for Sochi 2014

i love to skate

Medalist
And I am really happy that there are age limits, sport is not supposed to be child labour. If the parents and sport officials want to train these little girls to death - fine, we can't do anything about it. But the international organisations should not support it by lowering the age limits.

I am happy there are age limits too but nothing is stopping the girls from training over 40 hours a week. So in a sense it is already child labour. It is absolutely ridiculous there are limits on the numbers of hours a university athlete can practice a week (around 20) as well as NHL players (can't be at the rink for more than 3.5 hours a day) but no such guidelines for young athletes.

Last edited: