Cohen out of TEB | Golden Skate

Cohen out of TEB

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
First Kimmie, now Sasha. Who will be next. Skaters get injured and withdraw it is part of the sport. I hope Sasha has a speedy recovery and is able to attend Skate America.

RD I knew you would post a remark. If Sasha pulls out of Skate America then
I may have to agree with your Crystal Ball. lol But for know I will take Sasha's word that she is truly injured.

Medusa

Record Breaker
EVERY skater has tendonitis.
Not just every skater. I used to have it regularly from practising on the piano when I was doing piano competitions. I know surgeons who regularly have it.

R.D.

Record Breaker
RD I knew you would post a remark. If Sasha pulls out of Skate America then
I may have to agree with your Crystal Ball. lol But for know I will take Sasha's word that she is truly injured.

She did the Improv on Ice show a few days ago. So she was at LEAST fit enough to do that.

It's one or both of these things, most likely: 1) unpreparedness or 2) she didn't plan on competing in it anyway.

I would have been surprised if she actually showed up to TEB...and now, SA.

Last edited:

Andalusia

Final Flight
Maybe we can send Michelle in Sasha's place...

Nah, the Kween doesn't accept leftovers. ;)

Seriously, though, I'm kind of bummed. I'm excited to see Sasha's new programs - she seemed to have grown artistically in her new Moonlight Sonata LP. Plus, she's probably the only one who can do a better layback than Caroline.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Just read about this over on icenetwork (btw I'm glad I renewed my subscription). :)

Regards Sasha, this is not surprising, as she has had to limit training this past June because of tendonitis, so it goes again.

To tell the truth I wish Sasha would just skip the GP all together......rest her injury properly & come back better than ever (ala Michelle Kwan in 1997/98).......she already has a bye to Nationals as the reigning Olympic Silver Medalist, she doesn't have to worry about earning one, she already has.

BUT, having been away from competitive ice for a very long time, she needs to get herself out there. She needs perhaps to take the risk. I'm wondering if she's planning on following Evgeni's example?, that is only competing in one GP event, in his home country no less. However, Sasha is no Evgeni, he's a King when it comes to skating, a dynamo, a powerhouse, a take-no-prisoners competitor, a tiger, and the list goes on & on & on (I've ran out of superlatives lol). He can afford to do only one competition, she cannot IMHO.

It's due or die time, Sasha, I don't know what to think if you don't show up for Skate America. You are going to have to get yourself out there sometime, that is if you're serious about making a comeback? Forget what everybody else thinks, you need to at least try. So if you finish last at Skate America, that means you didn't do your homework (as Rachael Flatt refers to skating; i.e. if you studied hard, you're *pumped* when it comes time to take the test because you know all the answers, you're ready to rock!), but if you didn't you have nobody else to blame but yourself. Don't be a chicken, you knew when TEB was scheduled, you should've been ready, and that goes for ALL the competitors.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, the field at SA is not nearly as tough as TEB. The only real competition there is Yuna Kim.

Well, the field at SA is not nearly as tough as TEB. The only real competition there is Yuna Kim.

I think, though, that it's not the competitive field that Sasha has to worry about so much as the objective standards of the CoP. I don't think she would want to lay down a 160 point combined performance no matter who was ahead of her or behind her.