Pairs Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Aliona and Robin - Loved their program, paint and all. Deserve first place for sure. Stunning couple on the ice and today they skated as one. When they are on they take my breath away. The Best!!!

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
Doesn't matter, these two are so good technically, that won't matter a tiny bit. They are in a separate class...look at those marks

I feel like these two will get superb marks even if their program consisted of Aliona taking a dump on the ice (with stunning technique, of course)... only joking, but I'd like a bit more unpredictability in the Pairs' event... :)

EDIT: Note that I'm not questioning their win. Just complaining about how head-and-shoulders above everyone else they are.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Looks like the schedule is definitely off at least an hour, judging by the schedule I found yesterday, I thought for sure that pairs would be over by now. I was surprised when I tuned in about 10 minutes ago to see pairs instead of the ladies!:confused: But at least it gave me the opportunity to watch the CDs, which I didn't get up early enough to watch this morning. :)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
72.98 for S/S!!!

Wow.

PB, not with much, but still :rock: As for the clown outfit I hate it. Takes away the enjoyment for me. They should do this programme in more delicate costumes.

Adeline CANAC / Maximin COIA did PB with more than 7 points :clap:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I think that S/Z may challenge Aliona and Robin's scores. We will have to wait and see.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
Looks like the schedule is definitely off at least an hour, judging by the schedule I found yesterday, I thought for sure that pairs would be over by now. I was surprised when I tuned in about 10 minutes ago to see pairs instead of the ladies!:confused: But at least it gave me the opportunity to watch the CDs, which I didn't get up early enough to watch this morning. :)

Are you sure you're getting the time difference right? I ask this because everything seems to be happening in a very timely fashion according to the official schedule (found at the bottom of this page: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra09/index.htm).

Enthusiast

On the Ice
S/S were stunning. Very well deserved 1st place, no need for any bogus unpredictability in pairs because these two are clearly head and shoulders above the rest, including Masha and Max. This is not Kwan vs. Lipinski, S/S are better than M/M and D/D definitely, and the judges thought so too. Wonderful!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yes, SerpentineSteps, I'm the one that posted that schedule yesterday evening on another thread. Paris is 9 hrs. ahead of me here in good ole rainy Seattle, Washington. :) Therefore, when it's 6:40PM over in Paris, it should be 9:40AM here in Seattle, when the Ladies is presumably supposed to start. It is now 9:46AM here. No matter, now IN just posted the Men's SP, which I also missed, but am on my way to view!:agree:

EDITED TO ADD: Oops, mea culpa, I just realized that Ladies just started. My fault, my fault. My apologies everyone. :)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So happy that M/T and S/S skated very well! I hope we see great performances in the LP too! :love:

Thanks to all the angels out there who are posting videos for those of us who can't watch. :clap::love::bow:

beep_beep

Medalist
Couldn't watch S/S.
Call me shallow, but, at this point, I can't get passed the face paint...
I get the point, but I wish they'll just ditch it

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
For some reason, the face paint makes the very pretty Aliona look like The Witch With The Nose 3 Ells Long. :eek:

Another vote for no face paint.