Ladies short program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies short program

skatingbc

Final Flight
No! It's pretty! It kind of reminds me of an icecream cake for some reason...

It doesn't look to bad from far away, but I think the colour needs to be a bit brighter, it sort of blends into the ice and all the flowers up close look so tacky. Yuck. Totally a personal thing though. In fact, I didn't like any of Mao's dress last year either, especially the feather duster she had shoved down the front of last year's lp dress!

Nadine

Record Breaker
I love you, Mao, I love you, I honestly don't care where you place! Truth!:love:

Except for the missed 3A (instead 2A/2T), everything else was honest to God FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Mao ties with Caroline as Best Spinners IMHO.

I knew she would miss her 3A, right from the beginning when she was by the boards with TAT (whom looked her straight in the eyes and said "Just Do It"), no way, Mao was way way too nervous. :(

evangeline

Record Breaker
Mao ASADA
Music: Masquerade Waltz
Go Mao! Wow, that is a LOT of rosettes on that dress
1A-2T – NOOOOO
3F
2A
Great step sequence, but almost same as last year’s LP

I thought Mao was going to do a flute-and-orchestra arrangement of Masquerade? The music is exactly the same as last year’s LP
TES: 29.80
PCS: 20.16
SP: 58.96
Second place

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
I love you, Mao, I love you, I honestly don't care where you place! Truth!:love:

Except for the missed 3A (instead 2A/2T), everything else was honest to God FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow:

Mao definitely improved her speed. Maybe her timing was off that she missed her axel. She was more expressive. Wow, they are keeping the scores low.

amateur

Final Flight
Mao

Masquerade - it's just a bit too much... poor girl, you'd like to see her able to relax a bit sometime. It does make a more einteresting short program than long though. Popped axel, and was the 3lz 2-footed poosibly? - (no, on replay looked ok, just slightly tight). I LOVED the layback spin, though i think she can execute it even better. Nakano by contrast presented a smooth confident program, it's a shame to see Mao so frantic, she should surely be able to display her talent in other styles...

Nadine

Record Breaker
1ST PLACE!!!!!!!!:love:

I have to be honest Yuna Kim is FABULOUS.......she has no weaknesses.......she literally has everything, just like Oksana Baiul did. If she skates like this at the Olympics, she'll win. Hands down.

Her James Bond program is drop dead gorgeous, as is her outfit, choreography, expression, jumps, et al. In the old system I would honestly give her 6.0s all the way across the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow:

amateur

Final Flight
Yu-Na

That program is fun, I'm buying it!
Good Lord, she had that crown in the palm of her hand.
I enjoyed that it did not look like she was *trying* *so* *hard*, in contrast to Mao.
This is a pretty wonderful program, if she delivers it to potential in the big moments.

jcoates

Medalist
Wow!!! That would put her in 3RD! in the men's event. Kim was terrific. The other ladies have their work cut out for them.

berrycute

On the Ice
Well I was going to say the pressure for Yuna is so high that if she doesn't win this competition by a HUGE MEGA MEGA margin people will consider it a loss, but it looks like she will totally win by a megamargin so...

seniorita

Record Breaker
wow Yuna passed some top men score..I liked her program, and I wish Mao changes her own now!