Ladies short program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies short program

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good job, Yukari, good job!!!!!! :love:

Spins on a dime, like Michelle Kwan used to do. Gorgeous dress/outfit, nice music, good interpretation, landed all her jumps. Nice start to the season. :)

jcoates

Medalist
I just love Nakano's skating. I don't care if she UR's at all. The whole package she presents on the ice is consistently beautiful. She'll make a great show skater when she retires. Wonderful.

berrycute

On the Ice
Thanks for the pics! Much appreciated. How about Kostner?

I actually like Mao's outfit, v. pretty!

amateur

Final Flight
wonderful split-screen shot of Sato the coach nodding in approval, Yukari executing her spiral.

I don't know if I find this program that interesting, but a nice mature and assured presentation style, is good to see.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Time for the Big Girls to come out and play!
Yukari NAKANO
Music: Phantom of the Opera (nooo…)
3Lz-2T
3F
2A

Good spins, as always.
The little handkerchiefs dangling from her sleeves are rather distracting
Pity about the leg wrap…
TES: 32.80
PCS: 26.84
SP: 59.64
First place

cornell08

Final Flight
CAROLINE WAS WONDERFUL!! I love her dress! Mule kick still there, but she landed everything and I def saw an improvement in speed and the axel! Great spiral and finish!!!!

amateur

Final Flight
Woo! Little Zhang is growing up! That was a little more sensual and fiery than I'd expected from the little precious angelic Ave-Maria girl! Very good choreo to this program, I hope she keeps improving her basics to really fill out the rink.. That mule-ick on the lutz seems even more frightening though now that she's trying to come off more sophisticated...

turning her nose up at 57 points? hmmm, i don't know if her expectations are realistic...

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
You can really tell that TT designed Mao's dress, also the things coming out of Yukari's dress are very distracting.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Great job, Caroline, Great Job! :love:

She's filled out, no longer a little girl, now a grown woman. Landed all her jumps, but not good technique, leg waaaaaaay too high on the 3Z, and the 2A was slow as molasses going into it, but she landed them all!!!!!

And she is hands down the BEST SPINNER OUT THERE!!! Crowd Pleaser, nice program, great expression, gorgeous outfit! :)

P.S. And her spiral was to die for!

evangeline

Record Breaker
Caroline ZHANG
Definitely not pretty princess music or costume…
3Lz-2T - mule kick doesn’t look much improved, flutz?
3Lo
2A
Excellent spirals…love the forward Charlotte
Pearl Spin of Awesomeness

I like this SP better than last year’s
TES: 32.30
PCS: 24.96
SP: 57.26
Third place

jcoates

Medalist
Zhang really has to fix her speed going into her 2a. She still grinds to a halt on take off. Gets no distance or height on it. I always thought Lipinksi and Kostner had the worst 2a's of top level women I'd seen until Zhang. At least they had speed and some distance if not the height.

Otherwise she does look a bit more mature and less princess-like, but her contemporary peers (Flatt, Wagner, Nagasu) still seem to be maturing faster than her.