Ladies LP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

ks777

Record Breaker
She could have scored like 143 with the flip combination.....

I'm kind of confused with the scores. She deserved to win but will this happen in the olympics against everybody else?

Yes. Yuna is so much better than everyone else. Mao didn't skate that bad but the judges are clearly not loving what Tarasova has done to Mao. It's time for Mao to drop her and find a full time coach. I don't think Mao can beat Joannie Rochette at the moment.

figurejennah

On the Ice
How in the world did she score 133.95 without her flip combo....O__O.

I hope olympics aren't going to be like this....

I feel bad for yuna because every time she gets high score, people think that there is something behind her score or something... Even though yuna missed a combo, remember that she gets extra points for almost every single
jump she does. She is probably the only female skater she receives goe for complete rotation and also her incredible speed. Even Japanese commentators and experts have said that Mao must train to gain more speed in her program if she wants to beat yuna.

We will see the protocol to figure out where yuna collected extra points, but
I don't think there's any thing behind why yuna received this score... Her program was really packed with difficult choreography, and it was beautifully presented.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
I'm very disappointed by Yu-na's program this year. Her score was inflated! I know that her 3Lz combo is beautiful, but her other elements are just plain mediocre. Look at her layback. Her toe was pointed down, there was no attitude position, and it's slow. There is nothing unique about her spins. Her spiral sequence is nothing spectacular. I don't see any flexibility in her positions that would deserve any plus GOEs. Also, I've noticed that she always puts the same jumps in her program.
Yu-na is a wonderful skater, but I REALLY don't think that she deserves all the hype that she is getting at all. A beautiful flip and lutz is not everything in skating.
All of her elements need improvement.
I feel that her music and dress this year are very plain and flat.
She acts very arrogant outside of the rink, and I know that many will disagree, but this is my true and honest opinion.

Go Rachel, Go Alissa, Go Caroline, Go Mirai!

bmelanie

On the Ice
I think we're all so used to some melodrama and climaxing when it comes to Yuna's programs that when she goes for understatement it throws us off. What I found problematic often last season was that I grew tired of her programs a little early, like the catchy song you hum for a few weeks then don't listen to any more - but I don't think that'll happen this season. While she gave us plenty of fun in the Bond program, this LP is more modest yet interesting, I think it's going to grow on me as the season develops.

Okay, that was my two cents on the LP itself.
As for the score...WHAT??!!!
She completely missed a 3F and she still beats her own best score? (though all her other jumps, as far as I could see, were pretty perfect and her combos were exquisite - she's putting 'tanos into them as well I see :love:)

Though come to think of it, she popped a 3S pretty badly at Worlds when she set the world record, so...
It'll be interesting to see what a clean LP will get :rofl:

enlight78

Medalist
She could have scored like 143 with the flip combination.....

I'm kind of confused with the scores. She deserved to win but will this happen in the olympics against everybody else?

Atcually most of was PCS; she scored 66+ wish is like low eights across the boards if she go clean she might get 9's
Also GOE are the other half i have to agree i can find a reason to give all her elements +2Goe cant say the same for Mao or Yukari with he wrap
Considering she always missed her loop and messed up on her salcow ; This is the cleanest I have seen Yuna skate her long program even with out the triple flip.
But the program musically is a bore.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
I really loved Yuna's LP. I think it's better than her previous LP. You just have to see it closer, it's really stunning.
Last Worlds she got an outstanding score without 2 elements (previously I wrote jumps; sorry, my nerves), so now without just one jump it's logic for her to have even more points.

Last edited:

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
She acts very arrogant outside of the rink, and I know that many will disagree, but this is my true and honest opinion.

Arrogant? Sources? Japanese media? Now you bring her off-ice stuff because of her so called inflated score? :p

Last edited:

krenseby

Final Flight
What I'm more interested in is US Nationals!!!!

Seriously, Caroline Zhang has what it takes to make the team, Sasha & Rachael better be watching.

I want the BEST one to win, and if Caroline can up her speed, get in a 3/3 combo., and fix at least part of that poor technique before Nationals, then I say put her on the team!!!!!!1:love:

What a fight it's going to be between now & US Nationals!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOO CAROLINE, RACHAEL, SASHA, ASHLEY, MIRAI, ET AL!!!!!:rock:

Well, Caroline has serious issues. In her LP, her PCS was catastrophically low. This means that skaters who are significantly worse than her on jumps will still be able to beat her. (Not just Kostner who got a higher LP score than Caroline but many others as well.) I have no idea what she needs to do to improve her PCS, but it seems like her LP choreography is just too simplistic and bare bones. Or perhaps her body positions are just too monotone and she may need to really work on edging and carriage. (I have very little expertise in skating, these are just hunches.)

Last edited:

cvg16

Rinkside
However, at some moments her expression was like in James Bond program, which just felt wrong...

I agree. I can't really get a feel of the mood Yuna's trying to go for in this LP. Maybe it's just me, but the music is sorta jazzy and she's all seductive femme fatale-ish on some portions. But it's still early in the season so I hope it comes together in one cohesive piece later in the season - with the music, costume and the expression all going together.

How the heck is anyone going to beat a score like that?

maharbaforwards

Rinkside
I feel bad for yuna because every time she gets high score, people think that there is something behind her score or something... Even though yuna missed a combo, remember that she gets extra points for almost every single
jump she does. She is probably the only female skater she receives goe for complete rotation and also her incredible speed. Even Japanese commentators and experts have said that Mao must train to gain more speed in her program if she wants to beat yuna.

We will see the protocol to figure out where yuna collected extra points, but
I don't think there's any thing behind why yuna received this score... Her program was really packed with difficult choreography, and it was beautifully presented.

Precisely! Add to the fact that for her combo she doesn't get dinged with the ! penalty and then multiply it by GOE and you see where she gets points. Plus, she did a three jump combo here which she didn't at the WC. And also I thought that her 2 axel/ 3 toe combo from an ?ina was better than she usually performs it. Also, she missed the sal at the wc if i recall too so this is pretty consistent with that scoring.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
PROKOFIEV
wow... what do you know about her? Really hate to see such biased opinions.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I'm glad Mao seems to have recovered from the disaster that was the Japan Open. But seriously, if I were Tarasova, I would put my foot down and make Mao take out that second 3A. The error margin is much too high, especially for an Olympic year. On the bright side, Mao's LP has potential, and her expression has improved. It could be a masterpiece if she skates it well and changes her dress

Yu-Na's LP...like last year, I like her SP much better than her LP. I have to agree with the other posters who say it's a bit of a snoozer but I think she'll improve. But wow, what a score....even with the bailed jumping pass. She is clearly the skater to beat in Vancouver next February.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
At last Worlds her score was without two jumps. There is nothing inflated here. Wait for the protocols anyway.

janetfan

Match Penalty
It almost seemed like that Yuna left out the 3F on purpose because she did not want to peak too early.

Yuna has improved her spirals, spins and laybacks each year she has been with Orser. Her jumps are near perfect so why would anyone doubt her scores?

I can't figure how Caro 's LP scored higher than Caroline Z's?
I can never understand how Caro gets decent scores after so many mistakes?

Mao did better than in Japan - maybe it was her "Super Hero" costume that gave her an added boost today. ;)

krenseby

Final Flight
I can't figure how did Caro 's LP scored higher than Caroline Z's?
I can never understand how Caro gets decent scores after so many mistakes?

Because the rest of her skating, other than jumps and spins, was clearly superior to Caroline Z's.