Ladies LP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

figurejennah

On the Ice
Oh hey figurejennah, sorry I messed up my "quoting" since I'm new to the forums. I was agreeing with you, saying that it's really unnecessary, not criticizing you or anything like that. :) My post was more directed at the youtube video as well.

:) Understood. I am pretty new here too!!

gourry

Final Flight
Also I've heard and read many times to know by now that it's the change of edges, speed, and ice coverage, etc that determine the score, not the free leg position.
So in terms of that, how does her spiral sequence really rate?

They all count. There are 6 bulletins about positive GOEs and also 6 bulletins about negative GOEs on spiral. Oh I don't remember them all but all of them-posture, speed, edge, ice coverage, creativity, etc etc count.
So, there is no conspiracy on Yuna's spiral GOE or Mao's spiral GOE. There are plenty of features for both of them.
If you take your time and go back to 2009 worlds ladies LP thread, there were planty of explanation.

Last edited:

amateur

Final Flight
I like that YuNa's LP isn't too "exciting" at this point in the season.. this is music that demands something different from her interpretation-wise, from any of the programs she's had over the last couple of years (which interpretation-wise all tended to resemble each other, in a certain way). She will have to grow into this program if it is to become something special; I think that is a good thing, because she needs to have SOME kind of challenge for herself this season, seeing as just about everything else in her skating seems ready to go...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Award Ceremonies going on now! :)

Poor Mao & the other ladies, there's no way they can win, Yuna only has to skate her SP like she did yesterday & she's already won, LP doesn't matter. In this new system, once you've built a substantial lead in the SP, LP no longer matters. And this is my opinion & I'm sticking with it, lol!:biggrin:

Yuna is a lock for Gold in every competition, but as I stated way back silver & bronze will be a dog fight!!!!!!!1:rock:

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
Award Ceremonies going on now! :)

Poor Mao & the other ladies, there's no way they can win, Yuna only has to skate her SP like she did yesterday & she's already won, LP doesn't matter. In this new system, once you've built a substantial lead in the SP, LP no longer matters. And this is my opinion & I'm sticking with it, lol!:biggrin:

Yuna is a lock for Gold in every competition, but as I stated way back silver & bronze will be a dog fight!!!!!!!1:rock:

I am already excited to see Joannie Rochette :p

Nadine

Record Breaker
So happy for Yukari, she looks gorgeous up there!!!! Bronze, not bad, not bad at all, keep up the good work, Yukari!:love: I still have the postcard you sent me after I congratulated you on being the 3rd woman in history to land the 3A! I'M PULLING FOR YOU TO MAKE THE OLYMPIC TEAM!!!!!!!!1:thumbsup:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Zhang got negative GOE on every jumping pass. She needs to get that fixed. Even someone with a comparably bad jumping technique like Nakano manages to beat her.

She also screwed up my predictions, she was supposed to win Bronze!

Oh yeah, and World Record with 5 Triples? You gotta be joking! There were several junior ladies these year who skated more technically demanding programs.

Congrats to YN :bow:

YN looks to be in GREAT shape physically. I didn't notice her slowing down one bit towards the end of her LP as she used to in the past. Kudos to her team and Brian Orser. She may have been overmarked but her program does seem to be a lot more sophisticated than others. If this is how the judges are gonna score, It would be difficult for Mao to catch YN even with two landed 3A. Because YN's 3Lz is so good, IT IS her 3A. Has Mao completely given up on 3Lz? And why were so many of her loops <'ed?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Poor Mao & the other ladies, there's no way they can win, Yuna only has to skate her SP like she did yesterday & she's already won, LP doesn't matter. In this new system, once you've built a substantial lead in the SP, LP no longer matters.

and IMHO, THAT's what sucks.

bmelanie

On the Ice
Oh yeah, and World Record with 5 Triples? You gotta be joking! There were several junior ladies these year who skated more technically demanding programs.

Yes, but did any of them jump 5 triples with 5 doubles and lead into a 2A-2T-2L combination with an ina bauer (or a 2A-3T with a spread eagle)? Any former skater will tell you leading into a double axel from an ina bauer or a spread eagle is quite a difficult feat to pull off considering how far your right hip is behind you.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Way earlier this morning, even before I logged onto the computer, I had this big *idea* for Mao! LOL!:biggrin:

Now I say scr*w it, just skate for yourself, do the two (three) danged triple axels, even though the judges have shown you again & again & again that they'd rather you did a clean 7-triple program with 2 3/3 combos. & ONE triple axel in the LP. And just a 3/3 in the SP. You've won the two times that you did this, and also scored your highest scores ever ~ e.g. 2007 Worlds & 2008 4CC ~ when you did this, but Mao's stubborn & strong-willed & all that makes me a fan, so I have a feeling she'll keep this jump layout no matter what.

LOL, YOU REMIND ME SO MUCH OF PRE, WHAT A RIDE YOU'VE TAKEN US MAO FANS ON THUS FAR, AND THERE'S STILL MORE TO COME!:agree:

herro

On the Ice
Zhang got negative GOE on every jumping pass. She needs to get that fixed. Even someone with a comparably bad jumping technique like Nakano manages to beat her.

She also screwed up my predictions, she was supposed to win Bronze!

All I have to say is that this opinion seems to be behind by a couple of seasons. Since the scoring system changed, the number of triples isn't too important. Of course you have to have jumps in to get those points, but remember that now we have a total point system. So if you do 5 triples and they get lots of points, then obviously there's no reason why you can't get a terrific score. Didn't Yuna also do 5 at worlds last year??

The whole - you have to do 7 triples is more relevant to the old 6.0 scoring system.

gourry

Final Flight
An explanation for Yuna missing the 3F:

Performing to Gershwin's Concerto in F, Kim opened with a spectacular triple Lutz, triple toe, worth 12 points. Her next element, a triple flip, was a non-starter; she just skated right through.

"When I prepared for the flip I felt something on the ice, and my body was shaking a little bit," she said.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091017&content_id=7480284&vkey=ice_news

I knew it! I knew it!!!:p:laugh:

When she missed the flip, I was so shocked. It's so uncharictaristic of her, almost bizzare. I wonder if the ice had some problem? I don't know...

enlight78

Medalist
Congrats to YN :bow:

YN looks to be in GREAT shape physically. I didn't notice her slowing down one bit towards the end of her LP as she used to in the past. Kudos to her team and Brian Orser. She may have been overmarked but her program does seem to be a lot more sophisticated than others. If this is how the judges are gonna score, It would be difficult for Mao to catch YN even with two landed 3A. Because YN's 3Lz is so good, IT IS her 3A. Has Mao completely given up on 3Lz? And why were so many of her loops <'ed?

Actually Mao proved that she could match Yu-na or beat her at if she skates clean at World Trophey; the problem is i don't remember the last time mao had to clean programs; Mao loops been down graded a lot for the past season ; thats why she dropped the 3/3 . The emphasis on good technique in the judging system is really hurting skaters like Mao and Caroline;

enlight78

Medalist
[/b]

and IMHO, THAT's what sucks.

you cant build a lead unless the other skaters give it to you; yu na deserve it the others better step up or did you miss the short;
Do to URs is it safe to say that mao really doesn't have a 3/3;Almost all of them were downgraded last year but one.

Last edited:

harmy18

Rinkside
Now, can we end this argument........... ? It is just getting a little too much for me. Being a fan is one thing, but let's not go too overboard.

Sure I'd love to.

==============================================

What surprised me today, after reading the protocol, was that the judges were much more in favor of KIM than others, sharky spiral credited level 3,great jobs:bow:

bekalc

Record Breaker
you cant build a lead unless the other skaters give it to you; yu na deserve it the others better step up or did you miss the short;
Do to URs is it safe to say that mao really doesn't have a 3/3;Almost all of them were downgraded last year but one.

I agree with this. If the skaters had all done the same technical content and skated well, Yu-na wouldn't be getting these huge leads.

But when Mao's popping jumps in the short program, and the other skaters are doing only 3/2s, well they are handing Kim her leads on a silver platter.