Ladies predictions | Golden Skate

Ladies predictions

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Ladies predistions?

Not having english/american as my own language I wonder: Does "predistions" mean a combination between prediction and wishes?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
OK, whichever question MM wants me to answer:

1. Miki Ando
2. Alena Leonova
3. Ashley Wagner

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
I think Kunstrijdster was just using the typo as a means to cheekily cast doubt on Mathman's predictions.

Either way, I agree with Kunstrijdster:
1. Miki Ando
2. Mao Asada
3. Alena Leonova

ANW

On the Ice
1. Miki Ando/Mao Asada (most likely Mao if she performs ok or well)
2. Miki Ando/Mao Asada
3. Leonova (home advantage)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Mao got a rough call doing two events back to back right off the top like this. Without the Yu-na threat I see her scaling back on the difficulty and winning easily. Ando second, Thrid ? I don't see Cizny placing above 5th.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ando and Asada will be 1-2 in either order. The third spot is up for grabs, let's see if an American can grab it.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I make no predictions, never have, never will (too superstitious & all).

But I would like to say that Mao has never scaled back on her jumps, with or without Yuna in the competition, she skates full out with her requisite triple axel(s), which she has been doing since a junior. Doesn't matter the competition, she always tries at the very least one triple axel. This is the way it is supposed to be, this is how one gains consistency on jumps, to go for them every single time out again & again & again & again ad finitum...

I'm actually really psyched for this competitoin, can't wait to see how the Americans fare, but more than all else I can't wait to get my first glimpse of their programs this year!:love: That's what I love the most about the GP, to get my first glimpse of the brand new programs, like I did for all the disciplines at TEB. :)

seniorita

Record Breaker
it is a shame cause Mao was throwing triple axels left and right, in warm up in Teb! I hope she is ok at Rostel!

yuriyuri

Rinkside
1. Miki
2. Mao
3. Alissa

I make no predictions, never have, never will (too superstitious & all).

But I would like to say that Mao has never scaled back on her jumps, with or without Yuna in the competition, she skates full out with her requisite triple axel(s), which she has been doing since a junior. Doesn't matter the competition, she always tries at the very least one triple axel. This is the way it is supposed to be, this is how one gains consistency on jumps, to go for them every single time out again & again & again & again ad finitum...

Mao didn't attempt triple axel at 2007 SC and she won.
But Mao said that she's going to do three 3As (sp & lp) next week.

vmfan89

Rinkside
1. Asada (crossing my fingers that she`ll have a stellar competition)
2. Ando
3. Leonova (really starting to like her!)

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think Czisny is probably more likely to medal than Wagner is, looking at the big picture. But of course, if she (Czisny) has one of her usual meltdowns, that's not going to happen.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I predict:

1. Miki Ando
2. Mao Asada (advances to GPF b/c of her 2nd silver on the series)
3. Alena Leonova

bmelanie

On the Ice
1. Mao/Miki - absolutely cannot decide. I feel that at this point Mao has a mind-block that says 'if only I can nail the 3As everything else is going to be okay', which I just do not think is the case, while Miki had a real comeback last season from the heartbreaking one before and her athleticism and relative consistency cannot be ignored. That said, when Mao is on she is on and I hope to see that this competition.

3. Ashley - Czisny is too hit/miss for me, if I had to bank on one of the two US ladies (and I very much miss Kimmie in this bracket) I'd go for Wagner.