Ladies predictions | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies predictions

herro

On the Ice
I actually think Mao will win.

I understand that a lot of people love Miki. I do respect her for her athleticism. However (a big however), her artistry does nothing for me. Even her winning performances at Worlds two years ago... nothing. Her programs for this season seem to be trying to incorporate more choreography, but I just don't know what it is...

janetfan

Match Penalty

I understand that a lot of people love Miki. I do respect her for her athleticism. However (a big however), her artistry does nothing for me. Even her winning performances at Worlds two years ago... nothing. Her programs for this season seem to be trying to incorporate more choreography, but I just don't know what it is...

I feel the same way about Miki but I still like her. I think the new LP choreo was created to hide Miki's defiencies and the stiff herky jerky movements of her Egyptian looking choreo was a brilliant idea.
I never cared much for Oda but I thought his Chaplin was terrific. Another case of using choreo to present your skater's best qualities.
Tat seems to have forgotten this........

skatersmum

Spectator
My Predictions

Hello I'm new to the forum

English mum of Spanish figure skating girl twins, staying at moment in Germany :confused:

I am a big figure skating fan as I was brought up by figure skating-mad grandparents on a diet of Torville and Dean. My aunty was also a figure skater. It skipped me :biggrin:

My predictions are:

1 Mao ASADA

2 Miki ANDO

3 Alena LEONOVA

cornell08

Final Flight
I wouldn't be surprised by any combination of Mao, Ashely, Alissa, Miki, or Alena on the podium. I see Mao performing better here than at TEB, so she'll be on the podium most likely.

On a sidenote, Alena and the junior pairs team of Cong/Sui are both skating to Barynia this season but Alena's isn't very........well, Russian!

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I think Mao will do a much better job at this event and take the gold. Miki will finish second.

I also hope to see the US ladies make a strong case for themselves at this event with Ashley being my pick for either 3rd or 4th.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Oh, this thread is confusing me :laugh:

everyone knows Kwan will win - she makes it into everythread and dominates the discussion

:biggrin:

:chorus:

Don't let her take over this weekends lady threads too :p

Btw I would love to hear some reflextions on Dytrt, Lacoste, Mc Corkell, Leonova, Wagner and others not-so-often-talked-about. Hopefully with a lot of progress for them.

Hello I'm new to the forum

English mum of Spanish figure skating girl twins, staying at moment in Germany :confused:

I am a big figure skating fan as I was brought up by figure skating-mad grandparents on a diet of Torville and Dean. My aunty was also a figure skater. It skipped me :biggrin:

My predictions are:

1 Mao ASADA

2 Miki ANDO

3 Alena LEONOVA

Hi skatersmum. Hope your twins enjoy figure skating. Germany should be a good country to practise the sport in.

I also believe in Alena Leonova. I have seen her in exhibition live and she really makes the audience happy.

prettykeys

Medalist

I'm the same. Competitively, it's probably going to be a close one, but for the same reasons you stated, there's a huge chasm between Miki and Mao for me, and it's nothing against Miki. As far as I'm concerned, Mao is always the winner between these two.

I can't find an embarrassed smiley. It sounds mean to say, but that's how I feel. :(

Edit: 1) Mao 2) Miki 3) ehhh...I'll go with Alena

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Tons of people putting Wagner in 3rd but I'm still not convinced...

I picked Alissa for 3rd but admit it is a sentimental pick. I really haven't seen Ashley yet this season but maybe others have and think she is ready to take a step forward.

Good luck to all the skaters, may they "skate long and skate often." :laugh:

tilak

On the Ice
1. Miki Ando
2. Mao Asada
3. Ashley Wagner or Alena Leonova :think: (can't decide)

herro

On the Ice
Oh no :cry:

I just saw one of the Japanese practice reports for Miki and Mao, and I have to say Mao does not look too good. Of the jumps that they showed, she under-rotated a triple axel (which she hasn't done in awhile), pop out of one, then step out of a triple loop. A triple loop. Even in practice, when has she stepped out of a triple loop?

Ugh, I hope I'm just over-reacting and that they just showed those three jumping passes out of millions of successful ones.

However, I still stand by my prediction.

Mao, Miki, ? (I sadly don't think we'll see an American on the podium...)

R.D.

Record Breaker
I picked Alissa for 3rd but admit it is a sentimental pick. I really haven't seen Ashley yet this season but maybe others have and think she is ready to take a step forward.

Good luck to all the skaters, may they "skate long and skate often." :laugh:

last time I check it was called a hope :chorus: , rather than a prediction...

anyway, Wagner put up another vlog of her travels. She said practices are going well and she feels good, etc etc but of course we all know that says nada about what will happen on skate day. Ideally she'd want to set herself up well but wait until Jan. to peak. I would want her to develop a little consistency because that's what I think she lacks.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Ladies
1. Ando
2. Asada
3. Wagner
4. Leonova

ETA - Oops I put all my predictions in the ladies predictions thread, my bad.

Last edited: