Practice Reports, News, Gossip, Clips, Etc: Dish Everybody, Dig In | Golden Skate

Practice Reports, News, Gossip, Clips, Etc: Dish Everybody, Dig In

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Miki looks like she's in great shape! Very concerened for Mao... Her jumps, even the first 3axel, look noticeably different from those until 2 seasons ago.

Nadine

Record Breaker
:love:BANZAI, MIKI-CHAN & MAO-CHAN, BANZAI!!!!!!!!:love:

I'm a fan of both, always have been, always will be. Lol, I still remember when I suggested the song "Micky" as an exhibition she actually did it!:rock:

SusieH

On the Ice
Not sure if anyone has posted it yet (I'm in a busy work-week mode now. So didn't follow the posts very closely :) ), but I will post it anyway. The original sources are in Japanese.

(1) Mao's new SP costume will be pink. In the news they say she will change her costumes, both SP and LP, everytime when she enters into a different competition so that she can find the perfect winning ones for the olympics. Fingers crossed that TAT has nothing to do with the rest of the costumes that we haven't seen.
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20091021-OHT1T00244.htm

(2) Miki has changed her SP to "Requiem" by Mozart since she thought the original SP wasn't very well received (but I liked it, Miki! I just hated the spider :biggrin:). She will present it at COR. They just finished the new music cut and the costume.
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20091023-OHT1T00028.htm

ETA: So I went to veiw her Requiem, which was originally her ex. It looked good! I'm looking forward to it :)

Last edited:

Ximena

Final Flight
In the link that was posted with the pictures of the men training, there was also a report of their trainings.

http://alexspade.livejournal.com/122625.html

I just put it through the online translator and came up with this

1. Johnny a very beautiful, but I unidentified music, with the last path, which made me quite a magical experience. Jumped 4-3, jumped 3A, jumped a few more simpler - all flawlessly. Throughout training smeared only one jump, not very successfully it to land (without falling), but this jump was not during the sloping program (ok, let's say: poluprokata), and "warm up".

2. Plushenko jumped 4-3-2. How many times - I do not know, I saw one (not in a training box office, but also on the workout). Very hard, with difficult departures, but no falls and serious flaws.

3. Mroz - logs, what I have never in my life had no joy to behold even at the amateur skating rinks. Impressions unspeakable, I can not believe that the adult skater that pretend to be (and already received them - in the form of a silver medal nat. Championship U.S.) may be a stool. Even the title of Pinocchio for him no good, it's too big a compliment. Random him by Beethoven, "pa-pa-pa-pa-pam" (classical). I have tears from his eyes a little laughter is not sprayed, when the roller raced over this music, and he took pathetic posture, and then began to stumble on the tracks.

4. Florent Amodio handsome:))) And on the back of his crystals laid out what he - Amodio.

5. Takahiko Kozuka all the same, very nice.

6. When GY, TAT and EACH gather together and begin to talk "for zhist, they want to give semachek (© I), because this charming picture resembles three aunts on a bench near the entrance:))

7. Johnny Nifiga not skinny and haggard - a thin, but not more. So whine about Buchenwald absolutely irrelevant.

8. Since GY worked "in Russian" in a calm, I would say - the business environment. Impression of a very self-confident. No fluids "I nErvnichayu not spread.

9. The same can be said about Plushenko with Mishin.

10. Gregor Urbash appeared (thank God!), So the second warm-up tomorrow will be one person less.

11. I met and talked a bit with James Pellerito and David Barbeau - directors film about Johnny. They are here, will take it as planned. Amazing cool guys! I'm delighted.

And now - unable to process any photos at this point. All clickable. There will be more. When - I will not say exactly, but will:)))

Medusa

Record Breaker
Thanks for the intell on the men. I was waiting for that. Johnny did 4-3? Colour me suprised, I thought he had given up on the whole Quad endeavour.

Poor Brandon Mroz. "Pinocchio" is too good a name for this stool.

(But isn't there one too many pa's in "pa-pa-pa-pa-pam?")

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Miki is really changing her SP music? Perfect! She looks like she is in amazing shape. I can't wait to see her.

Is the rumor confirmed that Mao will also change her SP music to Caprice?

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yes, it's official. I even read one post saying that Mao would skate Caprice sp at the COP. This one's not substantiated.

In any case, she'll unveil a new pink costume. According to a Japanese news source, Mao will keep changing costumes till she finds a "perfect costume."

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
(2) Miki has changed her SP to "Requiem" by Mozart since she thought the original SP wasn't very well received (but I liked it, Miki! I just hated the spider :biggrin:). She will present it at COR. They just finished the new music cut and the costume.
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20091023-OHT1T00028.htm

Though I was kind of hoping she's change the Requiem program to her FS (I mean, imagine how powerful it would be to win the Olympics with a Requiem to your late father!), this is GREAT news!!!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Yes, it's official. I even read one post saying that Mao would skate Caprice sp at the COP. This one's not substantiated.

In any case, she'll unveil a new pink costume. According to a Japanese news source, Mao will keep changing costumes till she finds a "perfect costume."

That prink one is pretty perfect to me, but would not really work for Caprice so well.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Poor Brandon Mroz. "Pinocchio" is too good a name for this stool.

(But isn't there one too many pa's in "pa-pa-pa-pa-pam?")

Once again you prove the very close and under appreciated relationship between music and math. :cool:

Reminds me of the old joke:

What was Beethoven's favorite fruit?

Ba-na-na-na - but see, that isn't very funny and the spelling/sylables don't work either.:)