Ladies SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
WOW That's a total shock for Mao. I got the feeling Mao might struggle again, but didn't see it coming she will get this low.
Maybe the judges are telling Mao to ditch the 3A and just go for 3F+3Lo instead. Even with the <, at least she was able to score around 65.
With performance like this, Mao will be lucky to make it to the final group in Olympics.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
This will hopefully be a much-needed wake up call for Mao's team, things need to be changed ASAP.

While I was about to make a Shizuka comparison (i.e. World Champ 2 seasons before the Olympic season, TAT at the beginning of the season, with *hopeful* coaching intervention staged by the JSF), I don't think Shizuka was as unsuccessful on the technical side... INTERVENTION! NOW!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Should we expect Mao to have a coaching change after this disaster? I don't think the Japanese Federation would stand for their champion to keep performing like this.

I'm starting to think that might be the best thing for her if she hopes to do well at the Olympics...or heck, even GO to the Olympics at this point...

herios

Medalist
I'm majorly upset about Ashley's score; luckily the top 5 is very close so she can still get a medal. Go Ashley!! Keep your cool! You looked lovely!
Mao... Well she got the score she deserved with that low jump content. It's sad because her other elements look great. And I loved the dress.

Ashley must have had one jump downgraded. That is the only explanation for that score,

adamlondon

On the Ice
well knowing great great grand nanny julia sebestyen will to two triples and fall on the rest and look bewildered as usual how she even got to skate in the first place. mark my words

Thanks to everyone for the commentary - I couldn't get live feed.

But this is crazy and, forgive me, very depressing. Mao's lowest point, just when she should be radiant with victory. :cry:

I mean, cool for Alissa and Julia, but that ain't gonna hold up. I hope!

Nadine

Record Breaker
F-I-R-E TATIANA TARASOVA!

Ever since Mao's been with her it's been nothing but failure, one after another after another.

If there's a petition going around to fire TAT, I'll be the first one to sign.

That's it, I've had enough!

Does anybody have the email address to the JSF?

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
The writing is on the wall, that's for sure. Who knows, if Cohen keeps playing her game of in and out (which has only been OUT) about this comeback, Asada could very well go back to coach Arutunian, perhaps.

Maybe Mao can try a partnership with Yuka Sato since the communication between student and coach would be easier.

bmelanie

On the Ice
whoa, just came in to check the results and Mao in sixth and Miki in third :eek: this is certainly a turn up for the books! I don't even know if I want to watch this later on youtube :( what a heartbreak for Mao, this season is just not working out for her - though it didn't exactly start out smooth last year either. perhaps we can quietly hope for her to rise and peak later in the season? (she nabbed the top spot at last year's GP final so...)

jaws12345

Match Penalty
It is pretty obvious that Tarasova's coaching style does not work for Asada.

And the music choice!

Throw away the vampire themes and go back to Lori Nichol.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
I was expecting the worst for Mao, but it still breaks my heart to see her like this. I hope she can rest up mentally and physically now.

A bit dissappointed with Miki as she looked in really good shape in the practice yesterday.

Thank god Julia and Alissa made me smile. Especially Julia... Good for her!

Medusa

Record Breaker
This is now Miki's to win. Just consider that this short is 4 days old. Her long program is probably much better trained.

gold12345

Medalist
Thanks to everyone for the commentary - I couldn't get live feed.

But this is crazy and, forgive me, very depressing. Mao's lowest point, just when she should be radiant with victory. :cry:

I mean, cool for Alissa and Julia, but that ain't gonna hold up. I hope!

Mao still has a very decent chance at winning this, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if she did. Julia and Alissa are typically weak LP skaters. But darnit, I wish Mao would make some changes already.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Asada won't be at gran prix final?

I would not say that yet. This is only the SP, it is not a very strong field (with due respect to the competitors) so she can easily rally back to win the event. It's not over yet.

Trewyn

Medalist
Ashley must have had one jump downgraded. That is the only explanation for that score,
I know; I'll watch the youtube vids more closely to see if I can see an underrotation. Even if she did not entirely rotate one of the jumps (and since it wasn't visible to the naked eye, the underrotation must have been very little); what sign is COP trying to give? Giving someone a lower score with a perfect program than with a program in which a skater misses the most important jump element? Wake up ISU: underroration should not be punished harsher than falls! I

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
F-I-R-E TATIANA TARASOVA!

Ever since Mao's been with her it's been nothing but failure, one after another after another.

If there's a petition going around to fire TAT, I'll be the first one to sign.

That's it, I've had enough!

Does anybody have the email address to the JSF?

Apparently, the Japanese are following skating boards and the western media's criticisms. So I would assume they would know about our rants already.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Should we expect Mao to have a coaching change after this disaster? I don't think the Japanese Federation would stand for their champion to keep performing like this.

Tat said she wanted to "make history" with Mao. Perhaps she will, but not for the reasons she imagined.

And shouldn't a coach want her skater to make history, rather than herself?

"Poor Mao"