Men Free Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Men Free Program

enlight78

Medalist
Now I cant what til cup of china becuase in the past two gps the world medalist has not beem on the podium ; and a 2nd tier(Adam;Artem) has snuck in for the bronze if the patter follows Evan will end up 4th nock on wood

...And how do you feel about any 2 judges liking a skater's program exactly the same? Those two '9s guys', the Russian and the Ukrainian judge, were in perfect sync on all the 5 program fs components of a certain skater: 8.75 and 8.75 for SS, 7.75 and 7.75 for TR, 9.00 and 9.00 on PE, 8.50 and 8.50 on CH, and finally 9.00 and 9.00 for IN.

What do stats say about chances of two great minds thinking alike?

My statistical analysis says these two judges are outright crooks. A 9 in interpretation? Interpretation?!

Medusa

Record Breaker
Now I cant what til cup of china becuase in the past two gps the world medalist has not beem on the podium ; and a 2nd tier(Adam;Artem) has snuck in for the bronze if the patter follows Evan will end up 4th nock on wood

The worst Evan can place in this field is second. Seriously. Same goes for Skate America. He has got the easiest fields in the entire GP.

enlight78

Medalist
My statistical analysis says these two judges are outright crooks. A 9 in interpretation? Interpretation?!

im curious about that too; Even if the ISU knew who the judges were can you fire volunteers; or is there a judging boot camp

gracefulswan

On the Ice
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/figure-skating/news/newsid=18034.html#plushenko+feeling+strong

great article. he's feeling strong. i'm thrilled with his performance. no doubt, he should medal at the olympics and be a strong, strong threat for gold if he's healthy and on. he can up his difficulty a lot more.

loved what kazuka said about plush in another article: "The moment he took the ice, I knew there was a real champion in front of me,'' said the 20-year Kozuka, whose free program to an electric guitar concerto showed impressive speed and tight-sit spins.

plush has what none other has got: a killer's instinct, determination in spades, showmanship, speed, quads, top-notch edges, an uncanny sense of air position, etc...

loved his long!!!

im curious about that too; Even if the ISU knew who the judges were can you fire volunteers; or is there a judging boot camp

The ISU does know who the judges are, and they can fire volunteers. Someone could call them up before the ISU Ethics Committee.( :rofl: )

Unfortunately, the ISU procedures for evaluating judging focuses more on judges who are out of line with their fellows, not on those who are following in lock step.

enlight78

Medalist
The worst Evan can place in this field is second. Seriously. Same goes for Skate America. He has got the easiest fields in the entire GP.

I think it depends on if Evan is focusing totally on peaking for nationals and olympics; Oda; Sameul; Clean Ponsero: Clean Ten can beat a so so Evan
doubt it though' just saying

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

if he doesn't put pressure on himself to be technically equal to Plushy (or at least striving in that direction)... or if he doesn't let that World Champion thing go to his head...

skatingbc

Final Flight
Lol, I loved how he pointed his #1 finger at the crowd after his 3/3 sequence & then at the end at the judges. What nerve, what guts, what passion, what verve!

And if Patrick Chan did the same, it would be "What a jerk!".
I thought it was in line with his whole program...tacky. I liked the jumps but the skating around like a hockey player before them, not so much.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France

Plushenko didn't get a "!" call for his Flip. That is ridiculous.

The protocol also lists the 3Sal as being the last element of his FS, when it actually came after the Lutz?

At least the Program Component Scores weren't as ridiculous as they could have been. The judges justly graded him significantly lower in Transitions. Thank GOD!

seniorita

Record Breaker
A 9 in interpretation? Interpretation?!

you know how hard it is to interpretate a tango music that is not actually tango with a choreography that is not actually a choreography?:laugh:when i saw this #1 thing along with pelvic thrust and touching i laughed cause he managed to do ALL things in one program that piss off Ant!:laugh:

i think only few including plush could do this and get away..i also suspect he wouldn do it if grand prix was not in russia
program as I said is not good...but Plush looked good.Evgeni is press conference said this will not be his olympic program, i dont know if he meant his *choreo* or music changing..he said he made fun today at his skating..and he looked anything but arrogant....how he switches on /off I will never know..in warm up he was so severe and tight, especially in sp he looked too nervous..and then he went out to Lp and did what he did!

i will never understand why people attack on skaters regarding judging..Plush did what he does, flailed his arms, jumped his jumps and he didnt have a final position..now it was in judges hand to punish him or something,,,he has been judged by one gazillion different combination of judging panels in his competition life, they all decide to give him high presentation marks, either he has a permanent contract with mafia for last 10 years or he has something ;)
i totally enjoyed him, he looked so happy he came back, my only regret, i was so close to the ice, i could have given him a haircut by accident:biggrin:

skatingbc

Final Flight
i think only few including plush could do this and get away

Frankly, he didn't get away with it imo. He looked like a complete prat...especially when he gyrated.

i totally enjoyed him, he looked so happy he came back, my only regret, i was so close to the ice, i could have given him a haircut by accident

You should have! He could use a style update!

katha

On the Ice
I think the number one thing was just emotion after the pressure of the event had fallen off. He just seemed relieved that he had delivered IMO. But I do kind of like him, so that makes me biased in his favour, I guess. ;) Good to hear that he might change something in his LP, because that thing was, uh, not good...It really tells you a lot about the performer and athlete Plushenko that he looked as good with it as he did. :)

And, yeah, I don't think there's a judging conspiracy in his favour, just as I don't think there's a judging conspiracy in the favour of Yu-Na Kim. What is happening IMO is that two very strong skaters, proven champions, go out there with supreme self-confidence, own the ice and deliver. The judges must be impressed with that, heck, I'm impressed with that. And as seniorita said, it happens with every panel, no matter the judges, nationalities etc. on it.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Frankly, he didn't get away with it imo. He looked like a complete prat...especially when he gyrated.

i think he earned the right to be a total jerk yesterday, he has listened to a load of crap for the last year before his comeback from fans and media especially russian ones and never replied. Modesty years are over ,lol!
Audience found it funny ..I wish he didnt do it but i laughed at the end...but then again i m totaly biased now:p evgeni off ice comes really calm and shy (this is universal observation, not just me) that I was surprised mostly how he changes on ice, like he has a mortal combat mode switcher..
I watched news today in an english channel in russia and they have a title The King is Back..I laughed so much, they stole my line?:unsure:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
It's very tricky. We are trying to apply statistical methods to qualitites rather than to quantities. The question is -- what exactly do we want to measure?

In studies like the ones you describe, yes, we can measure the degree of agreement among the judges. And when we finish our analysis, that is what we have learned. That this panel of judges was in more substantial agreement than was that panel of judges. Or that there was substantial agreement among judges that Kozuka's skating skills were superior to Van der Perren's, but that there was less agreement on the question of whether Weir's transitions were better than Mroz's.
Oh, there's a lot more to it than what I wrote. But it was so OT, I figured I'd spare the rest of you... ;)

evangeline

Record Breaker

I rolled my eyes when Plushenko did that, but I think he can get away with it--unlike Patrick Chan--because Plushenko has literally been number one, with his Olympic title, multiple world titles, GPF titles, Euros titles, etc, etc. Chan? No matter how good you think his skating is, he's not quite there yet.....

life684

Final Flight
Does Borodulin Flutz or Lip?

because Borodulin is called for both lip and for flutz in the same competition, i was wondering whether he actual has a technical issue. Can someone explain that.