Men Free Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Men Free Program

schiele

Final Flight
Not fair to compare Plushy or Jouby to Kurt. He was in a class of his own when it came to musical interpretation. And he could probably teach them both a thing or two about posing :yes:

Very true statement, especially considering that with a short amount of time he spent on Jouby (jouby :rofl::rofl:), he created for him wonderful programme(s) where (according to my view) Joubert seemed at his best in terms of interpretation of music.
I don't think Plushy has much problem with interpreting music and entertaining mass audiences, his galas speak volumes for themselves. I believe he feels he doesn't need to bring it on for the competition as he already has a winning formula (very strong jumps, agressive footwork, a few inbetweens here and there).. And I'm actually very much ok with that.. Putting his competitions and galas together, he is a complete package for me.

Btw, those sexy cowboys!! Yum yum yum! Can't believe I've never seen it before! Silvia Fontana is one lucky lady!! :p

Last edited by a moderator:

jennylovskt

Medalist
Putting his competitions and galas together, he is a complete package for me.

:agree: Finally, someone says it loud and clear!:yes:

You might not like his approach on the competitions. You might not like his programs at all in the competitions and the galas. But you have to at least admit that he is one of the exciting individual in the sport of figure skating. He is much more than just jumps. I am so glad that he is back and on the way to win the Olympics gold medal! I just admire his determination, his concentration, his passion, his athletism, his ...:biggrin:

Someone mentioned Kurt? I came running! Nice chance to see those two performances again.

As for Plushenko, I don't love him, but I have to admire him, for all the reasons Jennylovskt just mentioned. The guy gives 110% every time. Of course his jumps take center stage, but he's trained in that great Russian tradition, so he has good, meticulous posture and understands the flow of movement. Unlike some of the other scenery-chewing skaters of the past, he doesn't seem to sacrifice technique for the showy gesture. When he wiggles his hips (though I wish he wouldn't) or makes the "I'm Number 1" sign with his finger, he's not using that to cover up shortcomings in his skills. There's something to be said for that.

But, sigh, I'd rather watch Kurt any day....and there's nothing wrong with his technical skills, either.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
But you have to at least admit that he is one of the exciting individual in the sport of figure skating.
See, I don't really find him exciting... he has a lot of upper body movement but there's nothing that he does that gets me on the edge of my seat...

He is much more than just jumps.
That's debateable :laugh:

But, sigh, I'd rather watch Kurt any day....and there's nothing wrong with his technical skills, either.

Agreed... he's more than just the "total package"... Sonia is a very lucky lady (though I think Kurt sees it the other way around)

doug_log

On the Ice
Plushenko didn't get a "!" call for his Flip. That is ridiculous.

The protocol also lists the 3Sal as being the last element of his FS, when it actually came after the Lutz?

At least the Program Component Scores weren't as ridiculous as they could have been. The judges justly graded him significantly lower in Transitions. Thank GOD!

I noticed this too, BoP. I went back and replayed the end of the program just to make sure I wasn't going mad. The non-"e" call is unjust.

Should that Lutz-salchow element be called a sequence? A little confused here. Anyone have any insight??