Ladies LP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

fairly4

Medalist
i don't understand why you guys think skating 3 competitions in a month and 2 in one week isn't trying and won't affect the person jumps.

it is tiring.
yes--something is noticeably different about maos jumps--but no one knows what it is. it could be anything--but yes her jumps are off a bit. just enough to throw her off.
what is infanitle about that.

this isn't like tara and michelle--in some ways it is way worse. why=--judging and cop hasn't change--still cheat, still politics, still holding up one skater over another by overlooking urs, wrong edges and things.

personally i am not for any skater-I JUST CANT STAND OVERT CHEATING in any sport--It is more argueable in figure skating and gymanstics sports than others -why opinion ONLY based the outcome.
look at world series blown calls--someone get in and someone left out . blown call in football does it help the team that gets the wrong call. no-does it let down their fan base yes--does it hurt the sport yes--does it help the winners -depends on who you ask.

IF it childish to ask more about fair skating ask why they still cheat--then i am sorry, because People who like cheating over fair outcome hurts the sports s
also. why- because you want your athlete cheated for and no other athlete and you don't like it when the call is made against your athlete and you Shout first chance you get scores, markes are unfair. Well you can't have it both ways--it is either fair/foul.

bekalc

Record Breaker
What a jerky thing for Morozov to say. I mean it's akin to kicking a dog while they are down... (Poor Mao) It's not the way to convince the Japanese federation to let him have Mao if Miki retires next year.

Frankly I think it's too soon to count Mao out. She has four months to get things together. Maybe she will, although she definetly needs a new coaching environment.

However Mao is starting to remind me of Miki in the Torino Season. Ando had a bad season but she did regroup next year to win worlds. Hopefully she can take this time off to regroup and prepare for Japanese Nationals.

ks777

Record Breaker
i don't understand why you guys think skating 3 competitions in a month and 2 in one week isn't trying and won't affect the person jumps.

it is tiring.
yes--something is noticeably different about maos jumps--but no one knows what it is. it could be anything--but yes her jumps are off a bit. just enough to throw her off.
what is infanitle about that.

this isn't like tara and michelle--in some ways it is way worse. why=--judging and cop hasn't change--still cheat, still politics, still holding up one skater over another by overlooking urs, wrong edges and things.

personally i am not for any skater-I JUST CANT STAND OVERT CHEATING in any sport--It is more argueable in figure skating and gymanstics sports than others -why opinion ONLY based the outcome.
look at world series blown calls--someone get in and someone left out . blown call in football does it help the team that gets the wrong call. no-does it let down their fan base yes--does it hurt the sport yes--does it help the winners -depends on who you ask.

IF it childish to ask more about fair skating ask why they still cheat--then i am sorry, because People who like cheating over fair outcome hurts the sports s
also. why- because you want your athlete cheated for and no other athlete and you don't like it when the call is made against your athlete and you Shout first chance you get scores, markes are unfair. Well you can't have it both ways--it is either fair/foul.

huh?

life684

Final Flight
What a jerky thing for Morozov to say. I mean it's akin to kicking a dog while they are down... (Poor Mao) It's not the way to convince the Japanese federation to let him have Mao if Miki retires next year.

Frankly I think it's too soon to count Mao out. She has four months to get things together. Maybe she will, although she definetly needs a new coaching environment.

However Mao is starting to remind me of Miki in the Torino Season. Ando had a bad season but she did regroup next year to win worlds. Hopefully she can take this time off to regroup and prepare for Japanese Nationals.

remember Shizuka wasn't in her best form until the olympics, even at japense national she wasn't doing that well. but, come olympics she brought her a game and won it.

Mao, if she sorts out her head can still win it. she has the jumps (she lands them in practice) and the artistry to win it. Only thing she needs to do is to relax and not bother about putting too many triple axels, just do one axel in sp. Hope Tat understands by now, i wonder what Mao's mother is doing now, she usually makes a lot of her girl's skating decision.

Last edited:

enlight78

Medalist
Everybody here got downgrades; I think for a lady if you can just fully rotate your jumps that is a ++++. Alissa and Ashly did well except for the urs

ann918

Rinkside

Yes! I agree w/ you :thumbsup:
Hopefully this unexpected time-off from media and pressure will help Mao
regroup and prepare herself for the JPN Nationals.

I really hope to see Mao at her best at the Olympics :cry:
It's not as exciting without her in the competition... Frankly I really enjoyed watching Yuna/Mao rivalry over the years!!! :love:

But for now, I just hope she doesnt despair from the competition's result that shocked everyone :cry:

fairly4

Medalist
ashley jumps in her short should have been downgraded
and triple double and triple flip(maybe) should have been downgraded she lucked out
In fact the
that being said--there is an improvement in her jumps. a lot less ur I notice a bit improvement in her jumps. artistry still lacking-but she is trying.
alissa --fight more.just don't skate.

Tango_D_R

Rinkside
What I honestly don't understand is why some Yuna Fans (or a certain individual that just likes to cause trouble) doesn't just let it be.

Mao is not going to win the Olympics. It's pretty obvious, so why keep getting on her?

This reminds me of the crazy infantile Tara & Michelle battles, that even go on to this day. It's pathetic. Especially when it involves adults.

I miss plain ole figure skating fans that just love the sport, not just one individual skater.

Usually I'm pretty cool, have been reading the various f.s. boards since 1998, but following a live feed & being pestered live is a whole 'nother ballgame, major understatement. :)

EDITED TO ADD: I've accepted the fact that Mao's experiencing Olympic Pressure, and unfortunately is not handling it well, but it's hers to win or lose, not mine. I will support her as a fan, in whatever she decides to do. Right now I feel us fans can only pray for her well-being, just pray for her.

I pretty much followed every posts cause I couldn't get a live feed and I didn't see any big troubles or way too irrational behaviors.. and why Mao and Yuna?.. she's not even in this competition isn't she?..:scratch: did I miss some offending comments or perhaps the person deleted it? What ticked you off I wonder..
If it's about people leaving so many comments about Mao in this thread, well.. this is kind of a big deal and shocking news isn't it?..:eek:

koongpa

Rinkside
Ashley's protocol seemes interesting. Her flip sequence was UR yet it was given +0.8 GOE. I guess it's the motified rules in effect. UR calls now aren't as severely punished as they were last year. If she works on getting higher levels on spins and possibly fixing that flutz, she will be much more competitive. I also notice her PCS is gradually increasing. I really like her programs this year, and hope she will make it to GPF.

bekalc

Record Breaker
remember Shizuka wasn't in her best form until the olympics, even at japense national she wasn't doing that well. but, come olympics she brought her a game and won it.

Shiz wasn't looking this poorly though. I mean she medaled at both her events but she had to face Irina/Mao at one event and Mao/Sasha in another. She actually beat Sasha in the long program in France (barely but still) and she had the fourth highest scores (and the third highest of the eligible ladies!) that year. She was looking a LOT better than she was from the previous season and she wasn't looking completely out of it.

As for Mao hitting her jumps in practice, a lot of people were commenting on how her jumps didn't look so great in the pratice clips... sigh. It seems that Mao decided to not only fix her flutz, but changed the technique on her flip. I think it was all just way to much.

skate4ever

Rinkside
IIRC, Mao pocketed 12.75 with a 3F+3Lo combo a couple of seasons ago.

Going for 3A is fine, I believe, because it's her signature move, she wants to do it so badly, and it looks so good when she lands it.

But why not throw in a 3-3 about half way in her LP as a back-up?
The 3F-2Lo-2Lo that she does now isn't really impressive.

Having said that, I think the most important thing about Mao is that she's not enjoying this whole thing. The heavy pressure she's experiencing is written all over her face, and it's just too much for her.

Basics

On the Ice
Well, actually.....
ITA!!:biggrin: (But I'm a big Ashley fan, so...:biggrin:)
Ashley did so good today.:rock:

Congrats, Miki, Ashley, and Alena!!

But seriously, Mao won in PCS yet again. Seriously?!
well, I'm telling you. She's got a lot of power :)

janetfan

Match Penalty

:agree: :agree:

Medusa

Record Breaker
This is only Ando's second GP-win in her entire career. She went from being in the second row behind Arakawa, Slutskaya and Cohen - to be in the second row behind Kim, Asada and Rochette. This might be her time to shine.

It's also interesting that she won every single Junior Grand Prix event she ever entered, she also won the bronze at the JGPF and twice the Gold.

I knew only three of my four favorites could make the podium, and they did, but woe is me indeed for Mao.

It's hard to rejoice for Miki, Ashley and Alena when Mao is so much trouble. :clap: :no: :rock: :cry: :love: :scowl: :bow: :banging: :confused:

(I haven't seen any of the programs yet.)

ks777

Record Breaker
IIRC, Mao pocketed 12.75 with a 3F+3Lo combo a couple of seasons ago.

Going for 3A is fine, I believe, because it's her signature move, she wants to do it so badly, and it looks so good when she lands it.

But why not throw in a 3-3 about half way in her LP as a back-up?
The 3F-2Lo-2Lo that she does now isn't really impressive.

Having said that, I think the most important thing about Mao is that she's not enjoying this whole thing. The heavy pressure she's experiencing is written all over her face, and it's just too much for her.

because she can barely do a double loop now, I highly doubt that she can do a 3-3 still. She evern got her 3flip downgraded, which never happened until this season. Mao got .20 GOE on her best jump, 3loop. She used to get 1.0 or so on that jump.. She is losing her jumps, she really needs a jump coach now.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
IRRC, Shizuka won Worlds with TT. Then Shizuka's spirit seemed to go down, she stopped doing as well in international competition, and she ended up going to Morozov about a month before the Olys, and she won that. I believe that TT concentrates on polishing the PCS, then brings up the focus on the technical level toward the biggest contests, Worlds and Olys, so that her skaters peak at just the right time. It worked beautifully for Evan Lysacek. Frank Carroll had polished his style a lot, and then TT polished it even more. While TT was working with Evan as his choreographer last season, Evan's technical skills noticeably drooped, but they were brought back again to peak level just in time for Worlds. I think this is TT's strategy, with skaters who have proven jumping ability, but need artistic/stylistic improvement. I think she has them concentrate on the PCS side of skating, and lets their TES side languish for a while, then ends up renewing the technical focus, and bringing the whole thing together at the right moment. Perhaps if Mao can stick it out for the rest of the season, trusting TT, as Evan did, she will have a surprisingly happy result. I remember seeing footage online of TT congratulating Evan after his Worlds win, and I think she was saying, basically, "I told you so" to him. He looked very happy. If the Japanese federation is not able to trust TT's game plan, then, I think, the ending may not be so happy for Mao.