Who's In the Grand Prix Final - Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who's In the Grand Prix Final - Dance

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:)Yes , this could be very good for C/P. I just hope someone can work a quick miracle with their costumes.There's nothing wrong with their figures ( Vanessa is not tall ,but well proportioned ) ... why on earth they would want to make her look dowdy, or buried in too much costume is beyond me.They fixed Paul's OD costume (Thank goodness!) between GP assignments and altered both her OD and FD dresses..but not nearly enough ; there are still far too many details, patterns , textures that only serve to cut / obscure her body line.

I don't understand what they can be thinking with the FD costumes. Modern music and the story of Orpheus and Eurydice , which is timeless in that it's been adapted to various settings countless times...OK ,any simple little shift or tunic-y thing would suffice. If their strength is in their technique and unison, at least let us see it.

While I'm on a tear re; costumes..(sorry, this may have been on another GPF thread)...someone was complaining about Tessa's FD dress, which i thought was quite alright....but I know it's not the dress that we'll see at the Olympics . They always save the best for last. I'm hoping for something with a bit of rosiness myself.:p

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
So does that mean that the Zaretskis are in!!!!! ALL RIGHT!!!!!!

Although Brian's withdrawl has broken my heart, this does make VERY HAPPY, I hope that they can get a medal !!! That would be so awesome, really set them up nicely for Vancouver :thumbsup:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
So does that mean that the Zaretskis are in!!!!! ALL RIGHT!!!!!!

Although Brian's withdrawl has broken my heart, this does make VERY HAPPY, I hope that they can get a medal !!! That would be so awesome, really set them up nicely for Vancouver :thumbsup:

No, the Zaretskis aren't in. One of the top six withdrew, and the first alternate withdrew, so the second alternate (Crone/Poirier) are in. The Zaretskis are the third. Unless there's more news.

herios

Medalist
:)Yes , this could be very good for C/P. I just hope someone can work a quick miracle with their costumes.There's nothing wrong with their figures ( Vanessa is not tall ,but well proportioned ) ... why on earth they would want to make her look dowdy, or buried in too much costume is beyond me.

If Vanessa shows up yet again at the GPF in the same costume for the FD, I am determined to find out how can I get in touch with their team and let them know what the fans opinion is about her costume. That HAS TO GO:frown:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:yes: I don't think the OD costume is much better...there's that black net bolero up top over a white bodice ( are they trying to make her look thick waisted ? )Then, a black skirt flaring from the waist (instead of the hip, which would be much more flattering, and very authentic) then the polka dot ruffles at the bottom. That's three horizontal lines shortening one little body...Give the girl a break!

The polka dot ruffles are very flamenco...keep those . Make the skirt, bodice, and ruffle background one colour flaring from the hip. V neck front , V or U very deep at the back . It could be sleeveless or have a 3/4 sleeve (even with a ruffle , if they want more detail). Just a simple, classic flamenco dress.These kids are good technicians and don't need anything to overshadow that fact. ( Their OD costumes were practically criminal last year).

They're young and it's said they're working on their expression. If so , it will come, but trying to say too much with costume won't make up for it and will only distract from their skating...There. Rant over.;)