Exhibition | Golden Skate

Exhibition

Trewyn

Medalist
I think the TVU feed is airing the gala live!!
I can't be behind my computer all the time since I'm having company; anyone know the schedule for the gala?

EDIT: Keauna (or how to spell her name) and Rockne are on now!

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I think the TVU feed is airing the gala live!!
I can't be behind my computer all the time since I'm having company; anyone know the schedule for the gala?

EDIT: Keauna (or how to spell her name) and Rockne are on now!

Yeah, it is in the second half now. Good to watch without comments. The fifth best is performing, so Mao has done her ex with the fan and looked happy. Little Sotnikova has done a pretty long exhibitions with a proud Mishin watching from the stands. Now is Wagner :thumbsup: Looks like shorts is the thing for the ladies this season :laugh:

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Kawaguti/Smirnov doing the same ex as last season: An der schönen blauen Donau with a lot of Moskvina tricks. I love to watch that.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
And here he comes....:rock: :party:

Did he do 4-toe?

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
I am not a fan of Plushenko's skating, but it's seriously impressive that he's doing quads in exhibitions! Everyone else in the finale did simple things and spins, and Plushenko comes out and does a perfect quad. :laugh: Gotta love it.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Little Sotnikova has done a pretty long exhibitions with a proud Mishin watching from the stands.

Or should it be Tuktamysheva? Think I mixed these novice girls up? Sotnikova skated after the brake, right? Or was it not them at all, what do I know :p

Medusa

Record Breaker
lolz I was just about to mention that. :cool: Just jumps (not that his aren't impressive) in exhibitions are for those who have nothing else exciting to offer?
Don't you think you are being really nasty here?

I love to see impressive jumps in exhibitions, some skaters love to do it, like the Japanese guys, Plushenko, Yagudin, Kulik and Lambiel. And don't tell me that Lambiel, Kulik and Kozuka etc. don't have anything else to offer.

Others don't do big jumps in exhibitions, e.g. a rather solid jumper like Joubert, who even on a bad day often manages to land 6 or 7 Triples in his long programs - mostly does Triple Flip, Triple Toe and Double Axel in his exhibitions.

Maybe someone like Weir should start doing big jumps in exhibitions, as a way of making those jumps less susceptible to his nervous mental state in competitions.

I also enjoyed Plushenko's exhibition as a whole, good piece of music, fluid skating, great charisma.

Ximena

Final Flight
Plushenko does seem to skate better to Russian pieces, that one that was the vocal version of his St. Peterburg 300 program are to me, one of his best program he's ever had.

I'm still happy he looks happy, it's been a while.

taylorfax

On the Ice
Don't you think you are being really nasty here?
er Not at all? It's always been how I feel about exhibitions, personally. Meaning, one or two jumps are nice to keep things interesting, but I don't care what jumps they are, really.

And don't tell me that Lambiel, Kulik and Kozuka etc. don't have anything else to offer.
Did I say that? If you love to do it, go for it. It's just not what I value in exhibitions.

Ximena

Final Flight
Re: Plushy's Ex -

R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Wow.

Exactly! It's been 9-10 years that he has done so many quads and triple axels in exhibitions, I do remember in the 99-00 season for his GP exhibition he used to do a lot of them, left and right.

gracefulswan

On the Ice
At the end, he did another quad. He looks really happy, it's nice to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM8yNBVBzmc

my god! i thought at first it was a triple....because he spins like a top! his tech. is textbook.... and his triple axel should be required viewing for those not yet good at it...to see how it's done. he could have easily tacked on a 3 toe after his second 3 axel in the long; it was obvious he had the momentum, but decided to do a double instead. that ought to garner him 3-4 more points.

he's so used to doing 3 toes after the quads, that during the exhibition, he almost didn't check the first quad in its momentum....but landed it solidly.