Jenny Talks about Plushenko | Golden Skate

Jenny Talks about Plushenko

Maybe she's cranking TOO fast. There's not a lot to chew on here.

-Her advice to Evan is cheerleading, not analysis.

-Why the heck would she think Plushenko would fall off from training after what he's done?

-One OGM, season is young (has she filled up the space yet?), blah blah....

I did appreciate her critique of Plushenko's skates and (gulp) her comparison to Chan. I hope Chan can step up and I hope the judges can stop making "goggle eyes like mad cows," to quote one of my favorite skaters, at Plushy long enough to remember how much more there is besides jumps and attitude.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Although Plushenko’s spins are faster than they were in 2006, they are still slow. The ending combination spin in his short program inched along, and he needs to work on adding more variety to his spins. Along with this, the choreography in both of his programs isn‘t as strong as it could be, and his programs have far too much two-footed skating. Plushenko’s hip rolling and rapid arm movements may be fun to watch, but I don‘t know how they‘ll stand up to Patrick Chan‘s edgework and artistry.
My thoughts exactly.

perceived as cocky by some
I felt he was over cocky with all the #1 finger pointing. I love his jumping technique, but can do without the cockiness. A turn off for me.

Mafke

Medalist
So Latin is not good enough for the Americans, they need Greek. Such cockiness.

Americans find pronouncing c as k before e to be deeply, deeply unsettling. They either change the pronunciation (saying seltic instead of keltic) or spelling (like skeptical instead of sceptical (which looks like it should be pronounced septical).

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
"If I were reigning world champion Evan Lysacek I would use this weekend to crank out a higher score than plushy's 240.00."

of course Jenny. He will do that. While he is at it, he could always do 275. that would make a statement.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
In American English, when a C precedes an E , an I or a Y, it's soft - as in "cereal", "city" and "cynical". When it precedes an A, an O or a U, it's hard - as in "cat", "coal" and "cumbersome".

Antilles

Medalist
Enjoying the grammar lesson. While Canadians take a lot of spellings from the British, we also (usually) use K in skeptical.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Enjoying the grammar lesson. While Canadians take a lot of spellings from the British, we also (usually) use K in skeptical.

Kanadians and Amerikans should never be konfused with our more stodgy British kousins akross the pond.

We kan scate............. and they kan komment about scating. :)

Medusa

Record Breaker
Kanadians and Amerikans should never be konfused with our more stodgy British kousins akross the pond.

We kan scate............. and they kan komment about scating. :)
:rofl:

I am not British. Not that the Germans can skate these days.

I only write British because I learnt English from my grandfather, who is a philologist and put me through hours and hours of one-on-one English lessons, when I was a teenager. He is basically the embodiment of an ultra-conservative Prussian general, just masked as a civilian. I am simply scared that he one day would come here and find out that I started to write like the lowly colonists.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Oi! No phobia here. Just a little teasing from the "old Europe". You can tease back.

But I like Old Europe, especially my second home town of Praha.
As long as I pack enough peanut butter and rootbeer I could stay in the Old world for up to a year at a time. :p That is my record, after that I get crazy sick for New York and Philadelphia. :yes: