H1N1 (Swine Flu) Shot | Golden Skate

H1N1 (Swine Flu) Shot

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
So are you going to get your swine flu shot? My Dr. has advised me to as my husband has diabetes. He is supposed to get his shot first as that is how it is being done in Canada. Those at high risk are first in line for the shot - the rest of us have to wait a few weeks. I work with the public so it probably would not be a bad idea.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
nope, not going to get it... *shrugs* I don't get the regular flu shot either.

Buzzz

Final Flight
They just started to give it out to health care workers and those at risk. The line ups are pretty long.

Lilli

Rinkside
I got the shot yesterday. The wait was 3 hours - better than I thought it would be.
There were a lot of kids and pregnant women at the clinic.

My wife and I both got flu shots a while back. We were sick as dogs for two weeks afterward.

Medusa

Record Breaker
My wife and I both got flu shots a while back. We were sick as dogs for two weeks afterward.
But you are ancient! You die so much easier, you should get it! I don't want Mathman (or Mrs Mathman of course) dead by the weakly cousin of the Spanish Flu!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
A few weeks ago, I got the regular flu shot, not H1N1. After about a week, I was sick for about 3 days.

My mother works in a nursing home, so she can get me a shot of the good stuff.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I got the regular flu shot and always have. Don't know until I see my Dr. if I will get H1N1 as they are saying the elderly aren't getting the H1N1 that much. I have an appt. in a couple of weeks and will see what she has to say. I do have diabetes. Every one of kids has it too.

sk8indel

On the Ice
I had the flu last week, and like everyone at the rink has it this week. Apparentlyw hile I had it all my friends at school were freaking out.

Wicked

Final Flight
I got my regular flu shot last Tues. On Fri I started getting sick. Still a little sick, flu-like symptoms, but only had a fever when I first started getting sick. I've been reading how many people who get the regular flu shot are coming down with H1N1 right after getting the shot because their immune system is down. So I think I've already had swine flu at this point. Supplies are low here, and only high risk groups are being vaccinated right now. I wouldn't be real surprised if they run out before I even get a chance to get a shot anyway. Our local media is telling people to get the H1N1 shot unless they've been officially diagnosed with H1N1, even if they think they might have had it already. If supplies run out I won't be too worried but I might try to get the shot if it's available. If what I have is H1N1, it's not that bad. I'm just tired and congested.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ski's in the hospital. They gave him the regular flu shot and the pneumonia shot as a precautionary thing.

They have forbidden children to visit, too.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
^ yeah a friend of mine had a baby three days ago and they were not allowing ANY visitors in that wing of teh hospital.

vmfan89

Rinkside
I got my first flu shot ever this week, and the H1N1 shot the day after. I wasn't going to take the shot, but considering that I will be going to the Olympics where there will be a lot of people from all over the world, I thought that it might be a good idea to get it.

heyang

Record Breaker
I've never gotten the flu shot, but plan to get it this year. Appt scheduled for Nov 10th for seasonal.

I decided to get it this year because I have gotten the flu the last couple of years during the holidays. Also, getting on a plane just before Thanksgiving and hope not to be sitting near anyone sick.

As for H1N1, if it becomes available, I will get the vaccine. There are lots of kids in my extended family and might otherwise get H1N1 from one of them without the vaccine.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I've never had a flu shot, and I haven't had the flu since I was a kid. I'd really like to see how everyone does on it, first. Though, I'll probably never get that vaccine, either.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So are going to get the H1N1 shot??? (I love a green Mathman, reminds me of Kermit) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I got my flu shot last Thursday. A couple of years ago they had flu shots but they weren't really strong and there was a string of a virus that the flu shot didn't help with and I got the flu. It was horrible, I don't want to do that again.

vmfan89 said:
I got my first flu shot ever this week, and the H1N1 shot the day after.
I thought you were supposed to wait for a few days after the flu shot to get the H1N1 shot.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I got my regular flu shot a couple of weeks ago and have a Dr. appt. Friday, so will see what she says. Think everyone is out of the hiney shots here.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I thought you were supposed to wait for a few days after the flu shot to get the H1N1 shot.

read in Reader's Digest (so it must be true) that you should wait over a week before getting a second 'booster shot' otherwise they tend to cancel out