Pairs SP 7:45 Eastern Time Friday | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP 7:45 Eastern Time Friday

gold12345

Medalist
V/M... What are they wearing?!?! He stepped out of sbs jumps. Good throw 3loop. Their 3twist is so big!! But I've seen him catch it better in the past. They eek their way into 2nd.

life684

Final Flight
Great program by I/M. Is this their first Senior event. Why have I not heard of them. The were excellent, great potential.

No, they finished 4th at cup of russia last year and finished 5th at Euros.

Shame that they only have one Gp event considering they ranked 10th in the world plus they are the reigning world junior champs.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
WTF in 4th. Did I miss something.I know she singled her sb jump what else did I miss.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Unlike many, I kind of like the Zhangs, but that was boring and nowhere near as good as their 2008-9 SP.

Shen and Zhao go into the LP with almost a ten point lead :rock:.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
1 Xue SHEN / Hongbo ZHAO CHN
72.28 1
2 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Stanislav MOROZOV UKR
62.98 2
3 Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE RUS
62.54 3
4 Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG CHN
61.92 4
5 Meagan DUHAMEL / Craig BUNTIN CAN
55.08 5
6 Huibo DONG / Yiming WU CHN
50.32 6
7 Amanda EVORA / Mark LADWIG USA
48.02 7
8 Vanessa JAMES / Yannick BONHEUR FRA
47.28 8

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Znang/Zhang. Don't like this light jazzy music for them. They are just not fun skaters, but maybe they can try better. Huge 3 twist. She popped sbs 3S, Huge throw 3L.
61.92.Into 4th place. Well, they did not have sbs jump.

So The results are clear. Shen/Zhao are 10 points ahead of everybody else here!
Than it's 3 pairs with very close results. I'm happy for I/M for current 3 place, hope they can stay on podium tomorrow.

Medusa

Record Breaker
This was one of the most horrific music selections for the pairs ever. What's with all those classically arranged pop-songs? Hotel California from D/B, Who wants to live forever by S/Z, Yesterday by the young Russians? My ears are crying. What are people thinking, that an Olympic audience would not understand decent music and would get better into a program with pop songs everybody knows. :cry:

The low score of the Zhangs - maybe the death spiral got deductions, I don't think he achieved the required position.

gold12345

Medalist
WTF in 4th. Did I miss something.I know she singled her sb jump what else did I miss.

2nd-4th are pretty much tied. They scored within a point of each other. I don't think any of the three were really that much better than the others, so I am fine with the placements.

Aside from Shen/Zhao, I found the rest of the programs generally lackluster. I know they were trying to do something different, but I don't think that music suited Zhang/Zhang.

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
This was one of the most horrific music selections for the pairs ever. What's with all those classically arranged pop-songs? Hotel California from D/B, Who wants to live forever by S/Z, Yesterday by the young Russians? My ears are crying. What are people thinking, that an Olympic audience would not understand decent music and would get better into a program with pop songs everybody knows. :cry:

The low score of the Zhangs - maybe the death spiral got deductions, I don't think he achieved the required position.
I kind of agree with you at this point. IT's strange to see all these pairs skating to pop songs. But all these war horses are esy going things as well. I would not want to see another Carmen out there. Hotel California is better for me.

schiele

Final Flight

:rofl::rofl:
Totally agree with that.. The music selections once again remind us that we're in the olympic year. But if you want real ear-bleeding, I suggest you go back to the ladies skate in COR.. I almost suffocated after a while of listening to one horrible music choice after the other so much that I actually rejoiced Mao's LP music. :chorus:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
This was one of the most horrific music selections for the pairs ever. What's with all those classically arranged pop-songs? .
But it was the same last year, with all the Pink Floyd programs; I also recall having the Rolling Stones, Queen, and Linkin Park (yeah, not exactly on the same level) represented in the pairs. I thought S/Z's worked well; with I/M, I was too distracted by her ugly costume to notice anything else, and at least Hotel California is an original choice.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great SP result for Shen/Zhao! They should sail easily to a gold medal win here at Cup of China. Very happy for them!! :bow::love::clap:

gold12345

Medalist

:rofl: I agree these music selections were rather painful to listen to. I don't even mind skating to pop songs, but these ones irritated me. Maybe it was because most of these teams seemed to use the music as background noise. Not much interpretation going on.

hongligl

Final Flight
I'm so happy for S/Z! The costumes are great, especially Xue's. Thet looked so refreshing and sharp! Megan may need to consider lighten up a bit:)

wonderland

Rinkside

I totally agree with you. I'm disappointed with S/Z's SP. They looked quite slow to me. I think the pairs skating is coming to a dead end. Nearly all the teams are doing the same thing in an awkward and ugly way, which is really painful to watch. S/Z's death spiral looked so strange :frown: Just to gain more points?
I think I can no longer enjoy the beauty of figure skating from the pairs category.

BTW, this is my first post on GS. Hope it won't dampen your high spirits Here.

Last edited: