Ladies SP - 3:55 am Eastern Time Friday | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 3:55 am Eastern Time Friday

Nadine

Record Breaker
SHE'S BACK!!!!!!! Should easily go into 1st place!:love::thumbsup::cool::love:

Nailed opening 3L/2T & 3F, with a phenomenal Ina Bauer into 2A!:thumbsup:

And the spins were the class of the field! Loved the hand variation on the I Spin/Eggbeater Spin at the very end.

BRAVO, MIRAI, BRAVO!!!!!!!!!1:love:

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Wow, I'm surprised how well Mirai performed. Good comeback from last season.

I like her costume. I usually think black and gold don't match but it looks good on her!

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Mirai Nagasu. Gorgeous black dress with gold details. 3Lz-2t, 3F (not sure about UR), 2A, Good spins and spirals! Exiting footwork right into the music! Bravo Mirai! You have done it!:clap::rock:
62.60. Into 1st! It's so nice to see Mirai happy!

TCAngel18

Medalist
62.2 brilliant!!....i dont see too many beating that...she will prolly finish at worst 4th after SP

Last edited:

amateur

Final Flight
Mirai Nagasu USA

3lz-2t fine
3f good
2a very good, hard entry

layback-bielmann good
circular footwork is kinda fab actually,( though with a sprinkling of awkward)
and final combo spin very good

Big applause
I like this. She's just a tad juniorish still, just a tad gangly overall, but there's some good flair there also, just waiting to fully come out. I like that she interprets a non-obvious music choice here (ok, it's Pirates of the Carribean, i discover on looking it up... but it is good music for her).

62.20 -- well done

Last edited:

Trewyn

Medalist
Wow! Huge score for Mirai! She must have been really happy with that! Too bad I wasn't able to watch it.

TCAngel18

Medalist
how was mirai overscored?....great landings, only the lutz maybe underrotated, great step sequences, probably in the top 3 in spinners in the world...only missing a 3/3 to break 70 imo...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Warmup going on!

Rachael is wearing a sparkly showgirl type candy pink dress (should go great with Sing, Sing, Sing)! :)

Fumie is wearing a dress that is dark blue on the top which fades into a bright buttercup yellow skirt with matching yellow ribbons in her french chignon. :)

Rachael just did a 2L (she should really do something with her hair). :(

Joannie is wearing black with a red rose in her hair (similar to Bebe's style earlier).

Why are they showing the flag, I wanna see the skaters, no close ups, dang!

Is that Carolina Kostner in that bright canary yellow dress!?!

WARMUP OVER!!!!