Ladies SP - 3:55 am Eastern Time Friday | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 3:55 am Eastern Time Friday

Medusa

Record Breaker
59.52 - about right relative to Mirai
Are you freaking kidding me? The only thing Nagusu has over Akiko is that she is made of gummy. She has nothing of Akiko's flair, her outstanding musicality, her self-confidence... And Nagasu's skating skills aren't better either. Akiko's performance deserved at least 5 points more PCS than Nagasu.

Kinga

Medalist
Fumie does not have a spark.. She lands her jumps, but she is rather boring, slow spins, quite slow skating in general.

amateur

Final Flight
Fumie Suguri, JPN
Bach

looks gorgeous! simple
3lz-2t good, on music
3f - 2foot?
2a - held on to it

I like that! Could use a more drama/expression and speed in the last footwork and spin, to match music. Good music arrangement, well-edited. Classy. She was rather sharp in her expression I found. I prefered this to Suzuki because it was more mature and even in tone all the way through, not "turning it on" for the footwork. Being here with Suzuki might have lit a fire under her...

55.46 - 3rd -- shame the judges didn't like it as much as i did!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Loved Fumie as always. I thought her score was a bit low. imo

Good skating so far from the ladies.

TCAngel18

Medalist
Are you freaking kidding me? The only thing Nagusu has over Akiko is that she is made of gummy. She has nothing of Akiko's flair, her outstanding musicality, her self-confidence... And Nagasu's skating skills aren't better either. Akiko's performance deserved at least 5 points more PCS than Nagasu.

agree to disagree....mirai is confident, almost cocky lol...i dont think we were watching the same program, hun...but opinions are opinions...and judges are judges....and they get paid the bucks...and they made their decision

Nadine

Record Breaker
Kiira is the Grace Kelly of the skating world........absolutely drop dead gorgeous......she should be a top model. Anything she wears looks gorgeous on her, even a sack, lol.:biggrin:

She botched her 3/2 a bit, but her 3-turns-into-3R is so gorgeous that I can forgive her. Good 2A.

GOOD JOB, KORPI, GOOD JOB!:agree:

amateur

Final Flight
Kiira Korpi, FIN

3lz leaning, hands down - 2t
3lo from 3turns, good
2a very good

I like this program, the exotic music choice, even the costume colour. Good style

61.2 -- rather surprising given the error. the rest very solid and well-balanced though, glad the judges appreciate it

Last edited:

Kinga

Medalist

Well, that is your opinion. Akiko is nice to watch, but I don't get the fuss about her - nice, yet far from superb. This is my opinion :).
Plus, it is really unnecassary to use phrases 'are you freaking kidding me' if someone just happens to have different opinion than you.

Last edited:

TCAngel18

Medalist
Kiira is the Grace Kelly of the skating world........absolutely drop dead gorgeous......she should be a top model. Anything she wears looks gorgeous on her, even a sack, lol.:biggrin:

She botched her 3/2 a bit, but her 3-turns-into-3R is so gorgeous that I can forgive her. Good 2A.

i will buy her a burlap sack, and that will be her LP costume, and she will medal because of my costume, because she is so pretty:rock:

Medusa

Record Breaker
agree to disagree....mirai is confident, almost cocky lol..
She was cocky once, but now she looks quite scared out there, hesitant even at times. She also looks lanky and quite awkward because of that. The arm movements looked wooden, especially in comparison to Akiko, who seems to know the position of every centimetre of her arm at every moment.

If that blond skinny fish now gets more PCS than Akiko, I will be mad.

UAHHHHH, the blond skinny fish got monster scores!

SusieH

On the Ice
Fumie Suguri, JPN
Bach

55.46 - 3rd -- shame the judges didn't like it as much as i did!
The female chinese announcer said Fumie's jumps were marked by underrotation and a wrong edge. My guess is that they have access to the protocols.

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Kiira Korpi.In Bright yellow. 3Lz hand down - 2t,3L, 2A, don't enjoy this paticular program from her - too generic , but overall expressions were quite nice.
61.20. Into 2nd place. Well done, Kiira!

TCAngel18

Medalist
i think its good we already have 3 60 plus scores, whereas no one from COR even hit 60 in the SP

sfgirl

On the Ice

She really is. I was thinking of how much she reminded me of the late Grace Kelly.:)

TCAngel18

Medalist
She was cocky once, but now she looks quite scared out there, hesitant even at times. She also looks lanky and quite awkward because of that. The arm movements looked wooden, especially in comparison to Akiko, who seems to know the position of every centimetre of her arm at every moment.

If that blond skinny fish now gets more PCS than Akiko, I will be mad.

UAHHHHH, the blond skinny fish got monster scores!

the puberty monster reared its ugly head, and she didnt have anyone with an iron fist in her corner to ground her, so she got lost...but u can see it in her eyes when she does well, she expects to do well...see, i see akiko as good, but there seems to almost be a glass ceiling with her...like she has a limit, and shes not gonna get better than that limit