Free Dance 8:05 AM Eastern Time Saturday | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Free Dance 8:05 AM Eastern Time Saturday

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
The -2 was so for excessive bending.

B/A were clearly the class of the field. The program doesn't do much for me. A little corny. Great entry into opening lift. Fantastic ending. He looks beatific (as he should). She just looks beautiful.

The 95.85 they got was behind V/M and D/W winning FDs at TEB/COR.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
It seemed with K&N that his hands were often going over his head to secure the lift positions. I think they lingered there too long on one of them and the lift was declared illegal. That would explain their low score too.

TCAngel18

Medalist
wow, low score for B/A, i thought....it seemed like it should have been at least 3 points higher...

mishieru07

On the Ice
Not a fan of the programme either but good skate by B/A! Definitely deserved to win here. Crazy first lift!
Honestly I think Tanith looks gorgeous in anything.

L'amour

On the Ice
i like B/A porgram, low scores but for the first competition is ok, i guess they will do some changes.

way batter than tosca!!

TCAngel18

Medalist
i love the program so much more than last year's...she has so much more sureness of movement this year, i think light years ahead of D/W, imho...i think its a race between V/M and B/A for gold in Vancouver, with both D/S's and D/W for bronze...i know D/W scored higher, but for overall programs, i think they're 3rd...

**Carol**

Rinkside
wayyyy better than Tosca, Linichuck knows what she is dooing. Nice lifts, ncie movments, no thaaat dramatic. Low scores comparing to V/M and D/W but both of this teams test their programs before the grand prix. will be great see what they can bring on skate america, they will be more confortable and made some ajustments. I can't wait to see.

TCAngel18

Medalist
wayyyy better than Tosca, Linichuck knows what she is dooing. Nice lifts, ncie movments, no thaaat dramatic. Low scores comparing to V/M and D/W but both of this teams test their programs before the grand prix. will be great see what they can bring on skate america, they will be more confortable and made some ajustments. I can't wait to see.

you have a point, both V/M and D/W competed earlier, and this was B/A's dry run....i think it can win gold...

wushuang122

Rinkside

Even though the socre is low compared with DW VM but I definitely go for BA's FD this year. Really great programe!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Barring upsets (cause that never happens!), the top three ice dance teams at the GPF will all be from North America.

**Carol**

Rinkside
Result Details

Pl. Name Nation TSS
= TES
+ PCS
+ SS MO PF CH IT Ded.
- StN.
1 Tanith BELBIN / Benjamin AGOSTO USA 95.85 48.10 47.75 8.05 7.65 8.10 8.00 8.20 0.00 #9
2 Federica FAIELLA / Massimo SCALI ITA 89.96 46.80 43.16 7.20 6.95 7.40 7.25 7.35 0.00 #7
3 Jana KHOKHLOVA / Sergei NOVITSKI RUS 87.79 45.40 44.39 7.40 7.25 7.55 7.35 7.55 2.00 #8
4 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN 80.36 44.60 35.76 6.00 5.75 6.00 6.05 6.15 0.00 #2
5 Alexandra ZARETSKI / Roman ZARETSKI ISR 79.03 42.50 37.53 6.35 6.05 6.30 6.35 6.35 1.00 #5
6 Anna ZADOROZHNIUK / Sergei VERBILLO UKR 78.44 42.30 36.14 6.15 5.80 6.10 6.05 6.15 0.00 #6
7 Xintong HUANG / Xun ZHENG CHN 75.20 40.90 34.30 5.85 5.45 5.75 5.80 5.90 0.00 #4
8 Madison CHOCK / Greg ZUERLEIN USA 73.14 39.20 33.94 5.75 5.60 5.75 5.65 5.55 0.00 #3
9 Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG CHN 70.67 40.40 30.27 5.10 4.85 5.00 5.20 5.20 0.00 #1

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
you have a point, both V/M and D/W competed earlier, and this was B/A's dry run....i think it can win gold...

Wouldn't the fact that B/A competed later work in their favour, or at least be neutral? On the one hand, B/A had more time to refine their program, but on the other hand, judging gets tougher (does it) as the GP season progresses.

Two things: B/A had a higher base value (all but one element was level four) than V/M and D/W, but both those teams outscored them on the TES (which is quite typical for the two). Now that their PCS are catching up, though.... Even if you argue D/W benefited from weaker competition (thus playing up the difference between the teams), every one is gonna work hard to increase their points. Should be an exciting season.

life684

Final Flight
i love the program so much more than last year's...she has so much more sureness of movement this year, i think light years ahead of D/W, imho...i think its a race between V/M and B/A for gold in Vancouver, with both D/S's and D/W for bronze...i know D/W scored higher, but for overall programs, i think they're 3rd...

I think race for gold is between DomShab and V/M. the fact that DomShab managed to win last year proved there is big push for them. V/M are the home favorites and much loved among the judges that should help.

This race can get even more interesting if DeoSho(FRA) are in good shape for the games. If not battle for Bronze will be between B/A and D/W, with edge going to B/A.

Best chance for KhoNov (RUS) is at worlds, they may end with bronze with two north American pairs from V/M, B/A and D/W getting the two medals.

herios

Medalist
I think race for gold is between DomShab and V/M. the fact that DomShab managed to win last year proved there is big push for them. V/M are the home favorites and much loved among the judges that should help.

This race can get even more interesting if DeoSho(FRA) are in good shape for the games. If not battle for Bronze will be between B/A and D/W, with edge going to B/A.

Best chance for KhoNov (RUS) is at worlds, they may end with bronze with two north American pairs from V/M, B/A and D/W getting the two medals.

Koh/Nov marks were not impressive, they are very close to Pec / Bou and Fai/ Sca. Anything can happen among those 3 teams.

life684

Final Flight
Koh/Nov marks were not impressive, they are very close to Pec / Bou and Fai/ Sca. Anything can happen among those 3 teams.

I agree these teams are very close at olympics fai/sca may very well beat Koh/nov and if Deo/Sho are not fit for the Olympics Pec/Bou will surely beat them (if d/d shows up that is unlikely).

Worlds is different issue, Dom/Shab will retire after Olympics (unlikely to stay on even if they don't get the gold) and Koh/Nov will be russian No.1, they will surely get the boost there starting CD.the inflation in the score will be enough to keep french and italians at bay even if they make mistakes at FS