Pairs LP 6:25 am Saturday Eastern Time | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP 6:25 am Saturday Eastern Time

bluesky12

Spectator

bluesky12

Spectator
:laugh::laugh:OMG!I just love SZ's program!!I think their new programs are the best this season! The quality of skating.The difficulty of the linking footwork.The elegant and classical performance.What's REAL pair skating?Watch SZ's performance!
I can't wait to see the SA.The audiance in the US is the best!And i hope that SZ will give us a better performance then.!!!:laugh::laugh:

still two weeks left ,i can't wait ,too.........:love::love::love:.

Binthere

On the Ice
To see Shen/Zhao return is like a dream. So programs to never forget. This season is like getting a silent birthday candle wish come true.

But what does it say about pairs, if a team that is in their 30s (not age discriminating, but still) that had their peak years 4 years, can come back and kill the field?

While I rejoice in their return it only makes more obvious the void that has been there without them. Teams like Dube/Davison in my mind have the raw materials, but they need to have the confidence when they skate. It's all very lovely but they need to convince me they are champions! All Shen/Zhao have to do is clasp hands and skate to the center of the ice and I know I am about to see mastery from champions.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
To see Shen/Zhao return is like a dream. So programs to never forget. This season is like getting a silent birthday candle wish come true.

But what does it say about pairs, if a team that is in their 30s (not age discriminating, but still) that had their peak years 4 years, can come back and kill the field?

While I rejoice in their return it only makes more obvious the void that has been there without them. Teams like Dube/Davison in my mind have the raw materials, but they need to have the confidence when they skate. It's all very lovely but they need to convince me they are champions! All Shen/Zhao have to do is clasp hands and skate to the center of the ice and I know I am about to see mastery from champions.

Exactly. I think that's why people were so happy to see them return (that, and give us a good ending to their story).

What a great way to put it: like having a silent birthday candle wish come true.

Shen and Zhao are among the few skaters that elevate the sport into something transcendant. This is a pair that we'll remember for years, the way we remember Gordeyeva and Grinkov, or in other disciplines Browning, Kwan, and Torvill and Dean. They're not just a one-night wonder but artists with years of growth. Whenever they step on the ice, we are eager to see what they'll give us.To think that we get another chance to see S/Z work their magic is wonderful.