Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday

Nadine

Record Breaker
I think she landed 6 triples? Just a fall on the 2A, and the first 3L was bent at the waist, but nevertheless landed.

It's obvious she is trying to channel Michelle Kwan & her "Salome", though Joannie's S&D is good it is nowhere one for the ages, as is Michelle's. But who better to copy, good choice! :)

Her death drop is to die for! Love it!:clap:

And she easily goes into 1st place! :rock:

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
3Lz,3F,3S, she looks very serious, 3Lz-2t, 3t,3l, 3S, 2a fall!
Great program! Not a big fan of Joannie's style myselg, but the program works for her. Good if it was not for a big fall. Her dress is quite nice too.
So...not medal contender?

Trewyn

Medalist
Um.. I didn't see the entire programme of Joannie but what I did saw was a fall and lots of double jumps; what's with the score?????

So they weren't doubles? I need to get my eyes checked then... I *did* just wake up...

herios

Medalist
I think she landed 6 triples? Just a fall on the 2A, and the first 3L was bent at the waist, but nevertheless landed.

It's obvious she is trying to channel Michelle Kwan & her "Salome", though Joannie's S&D is good it is nowhere one for the ages, as is Michelle's. But who better to copy, good choice! :)

Her death drop is to die for! Love it!:clap:

And she easily goes into 1st place! :rock:

she landed all her 7 triples, first low on the landing but she didn't put her hand down

feraina

Record Breaker
Oh, my God. What happened to Joannie? This is the pre-2008 Joannie. Inconsistent, hesitant, distant. What happened to the super-reliable, super-confident, super-fit, play-it-up-to-the-judges-and-audience Joannie of the last season and half??

She's lucky she's got the judges on her side now with the PCS, after last season -- although if she keeps on skating this way, they might not keep on gifting her. TES lower than Diane Szmiett!

herios

Medalist
Um.. I didn't see the entire programme of Joannie but what I did saw was a fall and lots of double jumps; what's with the score?????

So they weren't doubles? I need to get my eyes checked then... I *did* just wake up...

she had no doubles at all, better go and wash your eyes:)

luvsasha

Final Flight
glad Joannie did better in the long, but I have to say I cannot believe I woke up for this. it's like 3am here. lol

herios

Medalist
Oh, my God. What happened to Joannie? This is the pre-2008 Joannie. Inconsistent, hesitant, distant. What happened to the super-reliable, super-confident, super-fit, play-it-up-to-the-judges-and-audience Joannie of the last season and half??

She's lucky she's got the judges on her side now with the PCS, after last season -- although if she keeps on skating this way, they might not keep on gifting her. TES lower than Diane Szmiett!

chill down, she landed 7 triples for heaven's sake. Who else landed 7 triples in this season??? Yu Na won with 5, you guys are ridiculous

Nadine

Record Breaker
Warmup is going on! Oops, now over!!!!!!

Fumie up 1st & then Flatt!

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

amateur

Final Flight
I typed the pbp for Joannie but then my computer crashed. will post impression later, Fumie is on!

harmy18

Rinkside
Sad for Joannie's fall:no: well.....at least she looks better than ytd......

I'm looking forward to Carolina and Mirai's prgrams;)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Sorry I was so fixated on Fumie's costume & youthful appearance that I forgot about the jumps. Her speed & height of jumps is first rate, comparable to Yuna Kim. I do recall her opening with a beautiful 3L/2T, but then her 3F was slightly UR, as was her second 3F, as well as 2footed. Her 2A/2A sequence was a beauty! Think she may have had a few slight problems with the rest of the 3jumps.

Like I said, I was paying too much attention to her outfit - is she portraying a beautiful slave girl?????

amateur

Final Flight
Fumie Suguri JPN

3flz-2t fine
3f ok
2a high!
cute poses
3lo messy
1lz
3f, 2foot and stumble
2a seq i missed
last combo spin ending in I-spin, much better than the other spins were

this was alright. has work to do in expressing this music. i miss being able to see her really zip across the ice in footwork (i wonder how she is live though), with all the CoP demands now and her maybe being off her peak also. but there is a steadyness overall still there that might keep her in JPN team contention, not bad

90.53 -- 2nd