Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday

Nadine

Record Breaker
Allright she broke 100! (i.e. 100.04). Love her coach's encouraging words, that's the attitude!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::cool::love:

Kissx3

Final Flight
Very nice skate from Diane. I know it doesn't mean much to the rest of the world, but a skate like that makes her very competitive among Canadian ladies.

Her ISU page lists her previous PB as 82.53 -she's definitely improved a lot!

skatingbc

Final Flight
Diane's coach was so sweet. She was clearly so pleased with herself as she should have been. Jumps were a bit wild at time but good for her for staying on her feet! Job well done!:clap:

*Sniper*

On the Ice
Diane Szmiett CAN
gentle piano concerto - reverie by mussorgsky

3lz nice
3sal good
3f? ok
3t-2t-2t good
3s-2t ok
2a-2a good, slightly tight but fine
3t good

spins simple and need work

BRAVO DIANE!
she's not the most exciting skater, but there was a nice gentle calm steady consitent quality all the way through that, it was actually quite relaxing to watch.
jumps were all quite good. she has a bit of a quick jerky takeoff technique on some, but nice flowy landings. That was nice. she is coming along, 19yo

100.04 her and coach are thrilled.

Not too shabby at all!

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Here are we are again! Good morning / evening! :)
Dienne Smiettetz
Lovely performance.She has solid jumping technic and is very happy for her performce.
3Lz, 3F, 3L-2l-2l, 3S-2l, 2a-2a, 3T

FS - 100.04

Nadine

Record Breaker
I really like this young grasshopper (reminds me of a 15 yr. old Mao Asada). Nice elegance about her. She fell on two 3jumps, but her 2A/2T was a beauty! And she also landed a few more 3jumps.

Good job, Good job!:love:

amateur

Final Flight
Bingwa Geng
Rondo Cappriccio Saint-sens

3lz-2t slightly tight but fine
3f fell off landing edge
3s fall
2a-2t tentitive but fine
spins and spiral position nice
3lz i think 2foot
2a improper landing
3t? fall
nice donut spin, small loss of control of camel leading up to it
layback to beillmann pretty nice

had some lovely positions in her moves, and a bit more spunk than Szmiett, but juniorish lapses in presentation as well. (I,m pleasantly surprised at how steady, controlled and nice Szmiett's performance was.) This skater has potential, is small and probably needs more power on jumps

73.56 -- 2nd

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Bingwa Geng.
3lz-2t,3S fall, 3t fall, 2A-2t.
I did not get many other jumps. I'm still very sleepy. It's 6.22 here.
I liked her program. Reminded of Caroline Zhang from time to time.
FS 73.56

sjwh08

Rinkside
Where can I watch? Do they show it on CCTV5 or TVU Networks?

Someone said cctv5 will start to broadcast it at 2:40. I'm not sure whether it's going to be a delayed one or live one just not showing the first group.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good job by Bebe! :)

She only fell on the 3F & bailed out of the 3-turns-into the 3R. But had a great comeback with a 3L/2T (though I think the 3L was 2footed) & a 3F/2T. Also enjoyed her very brief fan skid spiral (reminded me of Sasha Cohen's). And her 2A has always been a beauty! Such a little spitfire!:clap:

amateur

Final Flight
Beatrisa Liang USA

3(f)lz sat down, ur
3f decent, 2foot? (v. slight)
1lo
2a good out of nowhere
3f-2t? fine
3lz-2t
3t? ok

footwork section kinda flat

there is something about this that seemed "going through the motions", even though she has good qualities. posture and droopy arms bugged me a bit. lots of work to do on expressing this music, but you feel it's within her grasp if she wants it enough

80.63 -- 2nd

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Bebe Liang.
3Lz fall,3f 1L,2A, nice spins, generally not bed program, 3F-2t. Possibly 2 footed 1st Flip. Nice spirals. If performed well the program deffinately has pottential.
FS 80.63

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good job! :)

She doubled her 3L & singled her 3F, but came back with a lovely 3/2/1 combo. and she obviously looooooooves the 2A, as evidenced by her 3R/2A combo. & 3T/2A combo. again, and spread eagle into 2A!!!!!!!:rock:

Unfortunately at the end she did a spiral into a 2T or could've been a single or pop?

Still, good job, she really does look like Shizuka Arawakawa!:love:

amateur

Final Flight
Yan Liu CHN
strings and piano

2lz
1f
3lo-2a seq (i think)
3s-2t-1lo
3t-2a seq
2a
good height on jumps, and generally to the music
1s(or 2s?) opened up on 2 feet

I get a sense of musicality from her in her feet, timing of jumps, etc.. but that is not being expressed by her full body yet, and movement seem small (if one can judge on this small screen). some nice qualities, gentle style, but needs to do eveything bigger to be noticed

81.52 -- 2nd

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
I watch tvu Yuna broadcast. it works fine for me.

Yan Liu pops her jumps...2Lz, 2F, ok 3S-2t, 2A
Well ,she was not on fire today!
but I liked Bebe more..