Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
3Lz-1t, 2A-2A, 3Lz, 3l, 3s,
Strange costume. Gives an impression that she forgot to take off this white cardi.It's hugely distracting.
Good step sequence. Like her smile. Program suits her but dress has to go. Or just take off the cardi. It was nice to dee her to pick little leaves of the flowers somebody throw on the ice. When will people learn!
176.66. Into 1st place. She is very happy! Well deserved!

feraina

Record Breaker
Wow, great job, Akiko! The audience goes wild, totally clean program! :) And she's so sweet too. Not only beats Fumie by a large margin, but Joannie, too. At this rate, she will kick Mao off the Japanese Olympics team (and will deserve it, too).

abbykitty

Rinkside
ugh can't watch anymore of Caro's splat/pop fest....but yay AKIKO love!!!!:love: my new favourite Japanese female skater!:agree:

Phoenix347

Final Flight
I'm guessing Caro is bombing the FS... oh well...

I just can't get TVU to work for me...

Last edited:

artsciboy

On the Ice
Terrible jumping/skating aside, Kostner needs to ditch this costume - it does nothing to hide her pit stains.

feraina

Record Breaker
It's great that the audience is so supportive. They clap hard for everyone's jumps, even those ended in falls, it's like they're trying to encourage the athlete and show her their appreciation.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Poor Carolina, not her day. :(

First 3jump hands down & turnout, then popped second 3jump, fall on one, and wonkly landings on ALL the rest of them. Only highlight was the 2A/2T sequence.

***Note: purely aesthetic, but I do not like the cut of her outfit wherein her butt is hanging out. this is ladies sport, conduct yourself as such (i.e. a l-a-d-y). I didn't like it when Shizuka Arawkawa did it nor Oksana Baiul in her Cherry Tree program nor any others that come to mind.*** thumbs down.

amateur

Final Flight
Carolina Kostner ITA

3f 2foot, big stepout
1lz ... here we go...
2a-2t great
she strikes rather graceful positions here and there
3t? i missed it
3lo wild but ok
2a done but not great
3s fall
footwork mostly lovely, some awkward bits
final spin really nice, good sit positions

well well, same old same old from Caro. I think this is a lovely program though, am rooting for her to get it together

93.06 -- 4th