COMBO- Sequence( Maybe give the americans a chance) | Golden Skate

COMBO- Sequence( Maybe give the americans a chance)

enlight78

Medalist
I think the Americans should drop the 3/3 combos in favor of a 3/3 sequence; If they do it in the second half they would barely loose any points on it and it will make it easier to do a 7 triple program; I think such a strategy could help Miki and Mao also; I think a 3loop - 3flip sequence would get ratified before there 3/3 combo would.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
A 3Loop-3Flip sequence is very difficult and doesn't maximize points out anyway, thanks to the dumb way in which CoP looks at sequences. (btw, I consider a "Jump, half-loop, Jump" to be a combination, not a sequence...another distinction CoP doesn't make)

Doing a Double Axel in sequence with a Triple is more effective under CoP.

feraina

Record Breaker
Though easier than a 3F-3T or 3Z-3T, 2A-3T is still a little risky. It's hard to get the 3T fully rotated if there's not a lot of flow coming out of the 2A. However, a 2A-2A sequence might be pretty do-able for a lot of the American ladies, and it's potentially a pretty good point getter. Caroline, who instance, does her 3Z-2T as a second combo and gets -1.5 GOE for the flutz. Why not just do a solo 3Z, and do a 2A-2A seq instead. She can do a 2A from stand-still anyway, so doing two in a sequence should be no problem. :p

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Wagner's program doesn't max out her points. I wonder if the 2A-2T she did at Cup of Russia was supposed to be a 2A-3T, though. That would make sense.

Although, even if that is the case, it doesn't really make sense for her to do a 3F into 2A .... doing 3F-2Lo-2Lo would be worth more points and it's a combination she has done in the past.

I wonder how consistently she can do 2A-3T if that's what the intent is, though. Her 2A actually seems to be her weakest jump.

enlight78

Medalist
Wagner's program doesn't max out her points. I wonder if the 2A-2T she did at Cup of Russia was supposed to be a 2A-3T, though. That would make sense.

Although, even if that is the case, it doesn't really make sense for her to do a 3F into 2A .... doing 3F-2Lo-2Lo would be worth more points and it's a combination she has done in the past.

I wonder how consistently she can do 2A-3T if that's what the intent is, though. Her 2A actually seems to be her weakest jump.

But if here 2A -3t is constantly getting downgraded; she would get more points from a 3T -2A sequence ; if you do a sequece and get only 80% of the base Value the skater only loses 2pts but if you get downgraded you lose 4pts plus -GOE; So I think it would be safer and worth more to do a sequence aka Joanie Rochette than risk a downgrade when you don't have a reliable combination

herios

Medalist
Though easier than a 3F-3T or 3Z-3T, 2A-3T is still a little risky. It's hard to get the 3T fully rotated if there's not a lot of flow coming out of the 2A. However, a 2A-2A sequence might be pretty do-able for a lot of the American ladies, and it's potentially a pretty good point getter. Caroline, who instance, does her 3Z-2T as a second combo and gets -1.5 GOE for the flutz. Why not just do a solo 3Z, and do a 2A-2A seq instead. She can do a 2A from stand-still anyway, so doing two in a sequence should be no problem. :p

You are living in a parallel universe, she can hardly do one...She has not enough spring in her jumps, until she works on that, no way she can even dream of that