Practice Reports, News, Gossip, Clips, Etc: Dish Everybody, Dig NHK Trophy | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports, News, Gossip, Clips, Etc: Dish Everybody, Dig NHK Trophy

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Thanks for the clip! Miki looks fantastic and yes, her 2a/3t and 3lz/3lp appear to be huge and clean. But then again she has a tendency to go rock slolid practices and go a bit slow and tentative in the real competitions. I hope she'll prove me wrong!

The men's field!!!

merrybari

Final Flight
Can someone pls tell me when the compulsaries start with GWT or central european? I keep getting confused with eastern time, japanese time etc.. I thought eastern time was GWT - 5 as NYC is 5 hrs behind of London but last week I found out I was wrong.. :confused:

Here's a link to a very helpful time zone converter. It has saved me from missing many an event! Hope it helps you, too!

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The problem last week was the switch from daylight savings time to normal time in the Eastern time zone. It occurs legally at some unholy hour like 2 in the morning.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Thanks for the clip! Miki looks fantastic and yes, her 2a/3t and 3lz/3lp appear to be huge and clean. But then again she has a tendency to go rock slolid practices and go a bit slow and tentative in the real competitions. I hope she'll prove me wrong!

The men's field!!!

I hope so too. But then again, practise is totally different from actual competition because you can take a break to catch your breath and get your energy back.
In competition, it's 4 minutes of solid skating and jumps so.

iriseyes

Rinkside
Yes, thanks a million for the clip! The return of Dai! And I know Kozuka has landed quads in practice a hundred times before (and that practice is so different from competition as wonderlen points out), but seeing that one landed so beautifully just makes me get so excited for the potential of this competition! I'm glad he isn't settling for the relatively low-valued step sequences he was graded on in Russia-- he of all skaters should be using his skills to push the limits of those sequences! Loving loving loving the men's field :love:-- may they all skate to their full potential to justify the significant sacrifice of sleep their global fans will be making tonight! :clap:

SusieH

On the Ice
An earlier news clip on NHK trophy , centering on Kozuka and Nakano. An interesting tidbit regarding Kozuka and his 4T: it says that this season Kozuka has changed his techinique a bit so that he can land 4T more securely. The clip is dubbed with English soundtrack (and the 4T part is around 1:00).

Go Taka chan! :clap: I hope he can nail his 4T this time.