Practice Reports, News, Gossip, Clips, Etc: Dish Everybody, Dig NHK Trophy | Golden Skate

Practice Reports, News, Gossip, Clips, Etc: Dish Everybody, Dig NHK Trophy

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Practice Reports, News, Gossip, Clips, Etc: Dish Everybody, Dig NHK Trophy

Its that time again, it all goes here, gossip, pictures, practice reports etc...Has anyone seen Brian yet?

efreedman

On the Ice
Its that time again, it all goes here, gossip, pictures, practice reports etc...Has anyone seen Brian yet?

Saw him early this afternoon crossing the street over to the hotel. He looks bigger than I thought he would in person. I have to admit; he really is very good looking.

Practices are not open to the public. The overall report was that everyone looked good and then not so good. In other words, everyone had their ups and downs.

tricia90

Rinkside
I saw Brian last year at Worlds in LA. and got the same impression. He was very good looking and was friendly and polite to everyone. We were surprised because he is suposedly quite arrogant but he was actaully sort of shy and seemed happy that people knew who he was.

schiele

Final Flight
I saw Brian last year at Worlds in LA. and got the same impression. He was very good looking and was friendly and polite to everyone. We were surprised because he is suposedly quite arrogant but he was actaully sort of shy and seemed happy that people knew who he was.

I think he gets loads of bad publicity because of his macho and arrogant style on the ice and his candidness with the press..
I really hope he has a better showing in NHK to boost his confidence. :rock:

sktgirl6

Rinkside
skatebuzz schedule

on the skatebuzz website it states that the competition starts at 140 am but the compulsoris start at 1230 am was this just a mishap..thank you

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Can someone pls tell me when the compulsaries start with GWT or central european? I keep getting confused with eastern time, japanese time etc.. I thought eastern time was GWT - 5 as NYC is 5 hrs behind of London but last week I found out I was wrong.. :confused:
The US was on daylight savings time until a few days ago. Now that they're back to standard time, it should be 6 hours between the US east coast and CET.

schiele

Final Flight
The US was on daylight savings time until a few days ago. Now that they're back to standard time, it should be 6 hours between the US east coast and CET.

Oh, I didnt factor the daylight saving. Thx a lot.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Can you honestly say you're suprised, given many female contenders reducing the jump content due to significant UR penalty fears?
Unless she's planning to take on Yuna, I doubt she'll ever do 3+3 from now on.

I don't think she needs at this point, and this competition. All she needs is skate clean and try to get the PCS at least around 30 in the SP and over 60 in the FS.

Having a clean skate will definitely put the judges on notice and hopefully get higher PCS score in olympics. Because right now both her and Joannie is at least 10 disavantage on PCS score and the gap need to be narrow as possible, to remotely have a chance of ovar taking KIm (if she makes a mistake).

My plan, do a clean 3+2 in SP, and see how much cushion she can get and try the 3+3 in the free.