Just when things start cooling off | Golden Skate

Just when things start cooling off

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
Just when things start cooling off, it gets hot again. And I don't care for it. Now they are talking about Santa Anas next week which will make it even hotter and very dry. I am so ready for a cold rainy day at home. It could change over night but then again it could last into November. I don't want to BBQ on Christmas.
PS
It could never happen hear but I co go for one of those snow days when everything has to shut down.
Daniel and Little Lulu

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Kzarah........We set an all time high today in the valley for October.........it was 93 degrees........back to air conditioning I guess........42

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
Show 42
I know what you mean. I had to drive from Newport to Duarte today. We I was leaving Duarte the thermomoter in the car (It was parked in the sun in a parking lot) was 106 degrees. Not my kind of weather.
Daniel and Little Lulu

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
After a number of nice days it turned hot here too. Has been in low to mid 90's. One more day and it's supposed to cool off some. My car was a whole lot hotter than 106 when I got in it this afternoon!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Yes it was HOT ,but if it was freezing we would be complaining about that too:laugh: :laugh:

Anyhow I was down in La Jolla and it was warm and beautiful!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
You are welcome to all of our rain on the coast. It's horrible.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I'll send you some of the cold fall weather we have up here.
YUCK!
I'd take heat any day.

Sadie

On the Ice
Wow! It's only 39ºF here in Connecticut. And it's dark and drippy. Brrrr.....*shiver* I wish it could be in the 60's all year.

:D

Lanie

On the Ice
Here in Simi it was 107 yesterday. Isn't that INSANE?! And what's worse is our air conditioners at school don't work very well! :(

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I'm in Boston, and they just showed on TV that some 40 miles from here IT'S SNOWING HARD!!! YUCKS!!!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
here in Alaska it's only getting up to the mid forties... I'll trade with any of you hot places! LOL

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
How hot does it get where you live, Toni?

I showed horse property the other day in Ramona (east of San Diego)--it was 99 degrees. At one of the properties, a horse came up to me to say "howdy". The owner said, "Oh, he must sense something from you." I replied, "What would that be? Fear? Panic? Terror? Any of the above would be accurate!" She laughed and told me to pat the horse in her "sweet spot" (her neck). Not wanting to be rude to Miss Horse, I did.

Yup, I'm all city girl.
:eek: :D ;)

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
I'm foolishly leaving the mild, lovely weather of San Francisco for the Santa Ana's of SoCal. At least I'll be on the coast - it's going to be HOT inland. Santa Ana's weird me out. It just feels wrong to have warm winds like that. I also think I associate it with earthquakes. I was in LA in '94 for the Northridge earthquake, and, for some reason, I associate that event with Santa Ana's.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Where were you during the earthquake? I was in San Diego for the weekend... but my condo was in Northridge!

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
I was in the dorms at UCLA. Did your condo make it through the quake? I've got the image of that 3 story apartment building in Northridge that collapsed to 2. Not pretty. Good choice of weekends to get away.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Yes, we were lucky to be away, especially since I was a few months pregnant at the time! The condo made it through the initial quake (although everything fell and broke inside); however, after the aftershocks, we were eventually red tagged and had to move out. Finding another place to live was very difficult. We found something eventually and never did go back to that condo. We rented it out for a while and moved to San Diego.