CD - 12:30 am Friday Nov. 6, Eastern Time | Page 2 | Golden Skate

CD - 12:30 am Friday Nov. 6, Eastern Time

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Just opened my canadian live stream site, skate buzz and it says the broadcasting starts at 1:40am, which is one our from now...kinda sucks, because I was willing to stay up one more hour for the CD's but not that much more...
Hm...maybe skatebuzz knows something more than we do? Shall we expect it all to start in an hour?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Just opened my canadian live stream site, skate buzz and it says the broadcasting starts at 1:40am, which is one our from now...kinda sucks, because I was willing to stay up one more hour for the CD's but not that much more...

:scratch: ice network's times are way off then

MissIzzy

Final Flight
If I'd have known they were going to yank the CD coverage out from under us, I would've gone to bed properly and gotten some real sleep. :mad: They should not be allowed to do this. Screwing with paying customers sleep patterns when making them false promises is idiotic at best.

herios

Medalist
At least there are no scores up on the ISU site. Maybe they are behind schedule.

Nevermind 1st 2 teams have been scored.

thank you, that means the canadian transmission dinged the CD's. Then I am off to bed and p..ed big time!

jcoates

Medalist
I'm on hold on their toll free tech line to give them a piece of my mind. Of course all agents are busy.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
of course....

this is what I get for thinking things had changed. :mad:

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
More than likely, Japan TV is not broadcasting the CD's or providing any feed because of no coverage of CD's... not Skatebuzz or IceNetwork cause.

Just received confirmation of above from a connected source at Ice Network that the broadcast provider in Japan is NOT covering the Compulsory Dances and coverage will begin at 1:40 EST/10:40 PST with the Pairs competition.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
More than likely, Japan TV is not broadcasting the CD's or providing any feed because of no coverage of CD's... not Skatebuzz or IceNetwork cause.

then they shouldn't advertise it on their site as a live stream.

advertising 101.

jcoates

Medalist

If that is the case (which I don't doubt) IN should have done proper logistical work ahead of time before posting a full streaming schedule promising the CDs.

Very aggravating.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
considering the CDs were one of the reasons I went ahead and got a subscription today, I'm extremely upset at teh 'false advertising' that has apparently happened. They should know better.

well, actually, I should know better. isn't the first or last time I'll get stuck with a subpar product.

jcoates

Medalist
I just re-read their streaming schedule page. There is some bold print advising us that schedules are subject to change and directing us to check back for updates. Only catch is, if they got wind of a lack of CD streams, they never updated the page to inform us. I'll be sure to point that out, if I ever get a live body on the phone.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I only wanted to see Gilles & Summersett, which hopefully I can do tomorrow, that's if they show it on replay?

Anyhow, I'll come back for Men's & Ladies later on this evening, and maybe Pairs, but there's really nobody I enjoy anymore in Pairs except M&B. :)

Hope we all get our IN troubles figured out, especially for those that want to watch the rest of the CDs. :cool:

Oreo

On the Ice
The fine print on Ice Network says that live coverage will begin with the Pairs Short at 1:45 a.m. ET. (Go on the home page and look under the picture of Caydee Denny and Jeremy Barrett.)

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
If that is the case (which I don't doubt) IN should have done proper logistical work ahead of time before posting a full streaming schedule promising the CDs.

Very aggravating.

Ice Network was not informed of this late change made by the Japanese... so this is NOT IN's fault as so many here are so eager to blame.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
or some are just easy to believe what a company tells them; but I see they just changed their website to cover their butts.

jcoates

Medalist
Ah well, they just updated their home page. Not starting until 1:45 with pairs.

Tonichelle is right BTW. I'm not convinced that this was some sort of change made so late that a quick update to the homepage could not have been made. That's what contracts are for.

I just spoke to a tech person and forwarded my and other complaints about this issue. If reminded them that many of us have to work tomorrow so missed sleep is not appreciated.

Last edited:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
The front page changed but when you hit the "live streaming times" link it is still showing it starts at 12:30 ET. IN needs to get their act together.