Men's SP 3:10AM EST USA | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men's SP 3:10AM EST USA

Nadine

Record Breaker
5 min. warmup, introducing skaters, ALL 3 Americans will skate in this last group ~ GOOOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK TO ALLL!!!!!1:thumbsup:

Danale

On the Ice
78.18 ... hmm ... that's pretty generous :unsure:
I mean, he definitely deserves the lead, but ...

Anyway, welcome back Dai! :clap:

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Yay Russian Web TV!! I loved Daisuke's program!!!
This group looks crazy.. Go Brian! Go Kozuka!

gold12345

Medalist
I'm no Weir fan, but he looked FANTASTIC. He landed everything beautifully and sold the heck out of the program.

iriseyes

Rinkside
Oh Johnny... why can't he just do that everytime? His inconsistency is messing up my Fantasy Pool predictions :frown2:

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG JOHNNY WAS "ON" TONIGHT!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::bow::clap::rock::agree:

He landed everything, but most importantly he really performed, totally into his routine with panache & polish! Great job, Johnny, great job!!!!:love::love::love::love:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Johnny should have gotten a better score. I mean, come on. He was spot on, Dai scratched on his 3Lz landing and had a jarring fall in the middle, where for several long long seconds he did nothing but looking shocked. And they got basically the same score. A clean performance should always be worth something especially if both skaters have the same jump layout.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Beautiful routine by Rippon (gorgeous Rippon Lutz), just a fall on that very difficult Evgeni Plushenko spiral-into-3A. Good job, Rippon, good job! :)

Danale

On the Ice
Johnny should have gotten a better score. I mean, come on. He was spot on, Dai scratched on his 3Lz landing and had a jarring fall in the middle, where for several long long seconds he did nothing but looking shocked. And they got basically the same score. A clean performance should always be worth something especially if both skaters have the same jump layout.
:agree:

And baby Rippon fell, right? My feed froze there for a sec. :frown:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Can we have a monsterscore for the Abbott now? That was incredible. Those spins, so fast, that musical body... Incredible. Best shortprogram of the season so far.

iriseyes

Rinkside
I love all the guitar music the guys are using this season! Jeremy will be pleased with that debut!

But I love Kozuka's guitar-themed routines even more... can't wait! Go Taka! :)

gold12345

Medalist
Abbott was AMAZING. I really like his choreography and he was solid on all jumps. :rock:

And I love Rippon's music!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Omg, I'm shaking & crying, who is this American guy named Abbott? Seriously, his performance alone has made me fall in love with American Men's Skating again. I have no words ~ he's exquisite, reminisent of the 1976 American Men's Olympic Champion John Curry ~ he's that great!!!!!!!!!!!:bow::love::bow::love:

I'm definitely going to watch this Beatles routine over & over & over again, he was one with the music, everything was seamless, just flowed. Evgeni, you have competition for the Olympic Gold Medal if Abbott can land the quad. Seriously.

Nadine

Record Breaker
And he easily goes into 1st place. I'm seeing something extraordinary happen here tonight, I can feel it, can't explain.....