Men's LP Ice Network broadcast Sat. Nov. 7, 1:55 a.m EST | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Men's LP Ice Network broadcast Sat. Nov. 7, 1:55 a.m EST

Brian was good. Gold, of course.

Nobody did his best tonight. Amazing. I thought with this field it would be a night of incredible skating (worth staying up to 4 am for).

But for Johnny to get silver in this field - what a vindication. :clap:

I'm also glad for Brezina. A bit of an upset there. He deserved it.

Last edited:

life684

Final Flight
only program i actiually like was Brezina puppies. Joubert did well, enough to win but he watered down his program. he could have mad a statement with it

evangeline

Record Breaker
1) Joubert
2) Weir
3) Brezina

Hm, definitely not the results I expected. But I quite like this podium anyways :clap:

Hopefully, with these placements, Joubert and Weir can get their momentum going....

Medusa

Record Breaker
only program i actiually like was Brezina puppies. Joubert did well, enough to win but he watered down his program. he could have mad a statement with it

As I said, he only came in 4th at TEB. His participation in the GPF was on the line. This could have gone awfully wrong for him. He will meet Oda at the GPF, that will be a great test.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Congrats to the winners :agree::rock::

1. Brian (nice comeback)
2. Johnny (nice comeback)
3. Michal (wow! I gotta pay attention here from now on)

Medusa

Record Breaker
Europe and Johnny kicking *** big time.

Brian says that he played it safe, that he landed 4S in training this morning, but he needed to make sure that he wins and qualify for the GPF.

He says that he will need 2 or 3 Quads at the GPF.

He thanks the Japanese audience, says that they were fantastic and gave him strength.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Last note before I close down for the night. :)

I was rather disappointed in the LPs of the men, it was nothing like the SPs. I love competitions wherein everybody skates their best & the best one wins! One for the ages, like the SPs. I hope to God at the Olympics everybody lands everything in their programs & let the chips fall where they may. That's the best feeling, to know that you skated your best, as did everyone else, and y-o-u win. You truly are the best of the best.:cool:

evangeline

Record Breaker
Last note before I close down for the night. :)

I was rather disappointed in the LPs of the men, it was nothing like the SPs. I love competitions wherein everybody skates their best & the best one wins! One for the ages, like the SPs. I hope to God at the Olympics everybody lands everything in their programs & let the chips fall where they may. That's the best feeling, to know that you skated your best, as did everyone else, and y-o-u win. You truly are the best of the best.:cool:

I would love a squeaky-clean Olympics too, but somehow I think that we'll be seeing a repeat of Torino-level screwups, especially given the number of headcases in the field at the moment....

Engwaciriel

On the Ice

he said in the interview that he'd landed the quadruple salchow in the morning, but because his opponents did quite poorly he chose to leave it out..

Danale

On the Ice

newvie

Rinkside
I'm so happy that Joubert won! :love:

and Weir for the silver! one of my favorite skaters :rock:

A bit sad for Abott, but congrats to Brezina for the bronze :)

Medusa

Record Breaker
I am happy that Joubert's jumps looked so very solid this time, except for the 3A. His 3S looks ridiculously easy. I am torn on this one though, on the one hand I think he should just go for two Quad Toeloops, because he is solid with that jump (I also think his Quad Toe is prettier than Plushenko, despite the fact that Brian has less height on his - but it seems more fluid, and he doesn't let his back drop 10m when he is landing it). But then - his 3S looks so easy, so he maybe he should continue doing 4S. Truth is though, that he only landed it once, and that was underrotated (before 07/08 though, so it counted).

Heartbroken for Abbott.

Happy for Brezina. That is where solid jumping gets you. And it should.