Ladies LP IN broadcast 4:50 a.m.: EST Sat. Nov 7th | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP IN broadcast 4:50 a.m.: EST Sat. Nov 7th

beep_beep

Medalist
managed to wake up to see the last group and Alena didin't disappoint me:) go girl (some URs, but...)

mad6ame2

Rinkside
Leonova skates with fire! That's all I can say. You can see the joy on her face when she's skating. Congratulations to her!

Nadine

Record Breaker
And she scores a new SB best with such high scores that nobody else can touch her (shades of Slutskaya). Not even Kwan can touch her.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
PbP

Laura Lepistö

3T-2T - ok
3Lz ? (or double didn't see)
3Lo-2T - nice
FSSp
LSp
2A
1Lo
SpSq
2A
2S-1T-2T ?
CiSt
CoSp

Nadine

Record Breaker
Kwan lookalike from Finland did a pretty good job, but didn't land as many jumps as Slutskaya lookalike, and even though her presentation/PCs/et al is miles better than the latter she will place 3rd or below. :)

Bennett

Record Breaker
Unfortunate about jumps.
But definitely one of the most beautiful skaters in many, many years.
Everything she does is beautiful. Wonderful musicality and presentation. Elegant costumes, makeup, and hairdo.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Seems like all the Japanese are having a hard time competing at home (pressure). Despite the one fall, I still love Yukari's Firebird performance, but probably will be placed behind the RUS girl. Good job, Yukari, good job. :)

Bennett

Record Breaker
Yukari seems to have an issue with 3lz. Her steps are not smooth. But spins are great as always. I love this kind of powerful music for her. She is a powerful skater rather than a baby ballerina. This music and costume suit her personality.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Unfortunate about jumps.
But definitely one of the most beautiful skaters in many, many years.
Everything she does is beautiful. Wonderful musicality and presentation. Elegant costumes, makeup, and hairdo.
I don't care how pretty and elegant she is. I really like her skating normally, but that was simply pathetic, absolutely pathetic. You can have a catastrophe and still fight (like Abbott today, it was a disaster but he kept fighting). Laura didn't look like she even tried, maybe she was trying too hard to look pretty - instead of actually being an athlete out there.

Nobuo Sato is having a really bad day.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Didn't write PbP for Yukari (lunch)

Miki Ando/Cleopatra

3Lz - stepout (no combo)
2A-2T
CCoSp
3Lo - nice
SpSq
3S - good
3Lz - nice
FSSp
3T-2Lo - fall
2A
SlSt
FCoSp

Not a good competition for the japanese...

Medusa

Record Breaker
:laugh:Lol, I was right, the RUS girl prevails (Sochi's right around the corner).:biggrin:

You are a bit obnoxious here, aren't you? Alena didn't even beat her personal best, she was fairly marked for what she did. She landed the jumps, the audience was delighted, she was fast and seemed to enjoy herself.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I called it! LOL!:laugh: Miki will be placed 2nd or 3rd because it's all about the jumps. Thank God there is Yuna Kim. There's no way someone like the RUS girl can surpass her without blatant outright cheating.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hmm, maybe you're right. ;) Seriously though I have a lot of built-in resentment toward the whole entire Russian establishment through the years.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
PbP

Ashley Wagner (don't screw this up, please!)

3F-2T (twofoot on F?)
3Lo - ok
CCoSp
SpSq
2A - ok
3S - hand down/fall
3Lo+2A seq - stepout
3F + seq (did not see)
1- something
FSSp
SlSt
FCoSp

Will she be lucky to medal? I don't know...

Medusa

Record Breaker
Hmm, maybe you're right. ;) Seriously though I have a lot of built-in resentment toward the whole entire Russian establishment through the years.
I don't care, I think you are being blatantly unfair to a girl who has done nothing to you. You can say that you don't enjoy her skating, fine. But with a score of 108 talking about cheating, is just mean. She deserved those 108. Better skaters get better scores than her for that kind of jump layout.

Bennett

Record Breaker
miki had fantastic loop and sal.

Ashley's program has too many jumps towards the end. Very busy and very difficult to recover if she misses any of them.
But she is very beautiful. Wonderful program and wonderful choreo. Beautiful costume, hairdo, and makeup.