Ladies LP IN broadcast 4:50 a.m.: EST Sat. Nov 7th | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP IN broadcast 4:50 a.m.: EST Sat. Nov 7th

ae9177

On the Ice
Sorry for Yukari, but congratulations to all the medalists, especially Ashley. two medals in two competitions, she's in great position now to make the Olympic team. Great comeback Leona! This girl has a good shot at her first Euro title in 2010!

reynycpr

On the Ice
Congrats to Ashley & Miki!

Good step forward for Ashley...even with the mistakes on the end..none of her jumps were downgraded.

katha

On the Ice
Congrats to the medalists! And congrats to Leonova for skating so well! :) Because otherwise that wasn't a very good competition, was it? Wagner has a nice program, costume is pretty too, but her jumps fell a bit apart there. Looking at Ando's face both in the SP and LP...man, the Japanese skaters are under a lot of pressure. The men collapsed under it, Nakano didn't do well either. I can't even imagine having to deal with the media circus, the JSF etc. Glad that Miki could keep herself together, shaky skate and all, but even at the end she didn't look so much happy as just relieved that it was over IMO.

*Sniper*

On the Ice
What an underwhelming ladies comp. in this one.
Congrats to all the medalists, but I hope they all find their groove sooner than later.
It's already fourth week of the season, and there seem to be too many falls and URs.

Ashley, well done!
I hope she makes to GPF.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
What's going on with the NHK events?? The paris are spalt fest!! Most of the men, bomb their skate and now the ladies too??? I'm very dissapointed, especially for Miki and Ashley. They can do way better than this.

I think maybe the japanese crazy fans are getting into all the skaters. Too much pressure and distraction???

The ladies do not look promising for the Olympic season. Can't believe that mini Iryna suddently gets into the top tier...
As I've said before, I would not be surprised or sorry to see her win in 2010. She has something special that others do not - joy, confidence, and a sense of humor, even about herself! - and works hard. All it would take is for her to have the performance of her life while Yu Na has her first meltdown and the others skate pretty much the way they've been skating. I love this girl and wish her the best.

That said, I can't imagine why her team gave her such an ugly FP and costume! That fringe between her legs all the time must be so annoying to skate with!

Anybody else think she looks like Shirley MacLaine?

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Let's see how Yuna does at SA and the GPF. So far she seems invincible, but it she has an off-night (and gets scores closer to what everyone else has been getting), suddenly it could be anyone's game...maybe it's just my own wishful thinking, I dunno...the Olys have proven to shake things up every time...

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Let's see how Yuna does at SA and the GPF. So far she seems invincible, but it she has an off-night (and gets scores closer to what everyone else has been getting), suddenly it could be anyone's game...maybe it's just my own wishful thinking, I dunno...the Olys have proven to shake things up every time...

Only in womens, though. The Torino games, from what I can tell, had three disciplines that went pretty much according to plan.

Layfan

Record Breaker
The winner of ladies event at TEB scored 210.03.
The winner at CoR scored 171.93.
The winner at CoC scored 176.66.
The winner at NHK scored 162.55.

Just splendid.

Boy, you said it. I wonder if Yuna's scores are just psyching everyone out, especially the other top skaters. Must be hard to think you are training so hard for Olympic silver and bronze.
We haven't seen the best yet from the likes of Rochette and Ando though ... oh who am I kidding ... even those two would need a meltdown from Yuna to win. Some posters seem to want Yuna to mess up just to make things more interesting. But as far as I'm concerned, her brilliant skating is the ONLY thing exciting this season for the women. It'd be awful if she too collapsed.

BUT congrats to Ashley!! She is right to be excited for the rest of the season.:clap:

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Boy, you said it. I wonder if Yuna's scores are just psyching everyone out, especially the other top skaters. Must be hard to think you are training so hard for Olympic silver and bronze.
We haven't seen the best yet from the likes of Rochette and Ando though ... oh who am I kidding ... even those two would need a meltdown from Yuna to win. Some posters seem to want Yuna to mess up just to make things more interesting. But as far as I'm concerned, her brilliant skating is the ONLY thing exciting this season for the women. It'd be awful if she too collapsed.

BUT congrats to Ashley!! She is right to be excited for the rest of the season.:clap:

I think pretty much all the ladies are think about silver or bronze. Gold is just out of reach for everyone. I mean yuna has to fall or pop at least 4 jumps and some body has to land 7 triples to over take her.
I'm sure everyone are totally psyout are. 35 points between yuna and next highest score winner?? Ouch!

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
So who will be in the GPF???
Ando: 30 (but will need to do two times better to be on the podium in final)
Kim: 15 (win at SA is pretty much written in stone, unless she withdrawn)
Leonova: 24 (edge out wagner on tie breaker)
Wagner: 24
Akiko 15 (next event in SC, 1 to 4th place and she is in, but I predict she will finish no lower than 2nd)
Rochett 11 (need to win SC, or silver with higher score than Wagner and Leonova)

I think these six might be the final qualifier.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Leonova: 24 (edge out wagner on tie breaker)

Oh, interesting. How does the tie breaker work? argh, I really hope Ashley makes it. Do any of the other American ladies still have a chance?

fairly4

Medalist
alena good job in the long--i saw you skating -not someone else, great job on jumps.

miki-- okay skatel-try harder next time, love the outfit--fight harder

ashely-congratulations on winning the bronze-you fought for it and throught it.
i can see you being at the olympics--try harder and concentrate more.

all the women skaters- i would like to see them fight not just skate.
alena -fought-great job, ashley fought , miki it seem just skated but perservered

wonbinfan86

Match Penalty
Is it just me or does Miki's coach always look pissed at her, she almost seems scared of him :scratch:

Layfan

Record Breaker
She looked like she was going to cry ... but I think she was just disappointed in herself. Well, maybe when the dust settles she'll be justly proud of having won back to back gold medals, no matter what. Her artistry and flexibility has really improved, IMO. Her LP is a great vehicle for showing off her strengths, she just needs to own it. A big gimmicky for me, but she seems into it and that's what matters. I think she's the type that needs to play a character. Keep going Miki!!

sjwh08

Rinkside
Happy for Ashley! She's going to GPF, which is a pleasant surprise, to be honest. I love that she doesn't look "scared".
Keep it up! :clap::clap:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Everyone keeps saying Wagner is going to the GPF...but it's still not a done deal yet right?? :confused: