Ladies LP IN broadcast 4:50 a.m.: EST Sat. Nov 7th | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP IN broadcast 4:50 a.m.: EST Sat. Nov 7th

mad6ame2

Rinkside
It was a pretty sloppy competition overall. The Russian girl (Leonova) skated with the most confidence and expression (in my opinion) but congratulations to all three medalists. I'm kind of disappointed for Yukari (this is supposed to be her last year, right?)

Did the top 3 here, most likely qualify for the GPF? If so, I'm happy we'll have an American lady in Tokyo.

Nadine

Record Breaker
4:25am here in Seattle & can't sleep because I feel guilty about my obnoxious behavior toward Elena Leonova. Had to log on & express my apologies to all, especially to her. There is no excuse, so I'm not going to cop out with one. I had a bad attitude. And here I got after Adam Rippon for his bad attitude & I do the same (karma). Nor will I erase my posts, I take responsibility for every word & every action said.

Yes, I do have underlying resentment toward the Russian establishment in certains close calls throughout the years, in every discipline, but I need not take that out on an innocent 19 yr. old girl.

When all is said & done, Russia has given me two of my favorite skaters of all-time ~ Oksana Baiul & Evgeni Plushenko ~ and also G&G. Not to mention I think they have the greatest pairs tradition in history, from the Protopopovs down to nowadays. And while I'm on the subject I still think the Elena & Anton should have been the sole gold medal winners at the 2002 Olympics.

Back to Elena, she has what I've always wished an American girl had ~ gorgeous jumps ~ and, yes, she deserved to win. Hopefully with the implementation of COP the American girls will eventually have jumps like Tonya Harding someday, as I think she's the only one that has ever jumped like the Russians. Pure jealousy on my part. Forgive me, Elena.

Sincerely,

Nadine

life684

Final Flight
4:25am here in Seattle & can't sleep because I feel guilty about my obnoxious behavior toward Elena Leonova. Had to log on & express my apologies to all, especially to her. There is no excuse, so I'm not going to cop out with one. I had a bad attitude. And here I got after Adam Rippon for his bad attitude & I do the same (karma). Nor will I erase my posts, I take responsibility for every word & every action said.

Yes, I do have underlying resentment toward the Russian establishment in certains close calls throughout the years, in every discipline, but I need not take that out on an innocent 19 yr. old girl.

When all is said & done, Russia has given me two of my favorite skaters of all-time ~ Oksana Baiul & Evgeni Plushenko ~ and also G&G. Not to mention I think they have the greatest pairs tradition in history, from the Protopopovs down to nowadays. And while I'm on the subject I still think the Elena & Anton should have been the sole gold medal winners at the 2002 Olympics.

Back to Elena, she has what I've always wished an American girl had ~ gorgeous jumps ~ and, yes, she deserved to win. Hopefully with the implementation of COP the American girls will eventually have jumps like Tonya Harding someday, as I think she's the only one that has ever jumped like the Russians. Pure jealousy on my part. Forgive me, Elena.

Sincerely,

Nadine

Sorry nadine, i think its Alena Leonova rather than Elena and Baiul was Ukrainian rather than Russian.;). I agree with Bennett (from the post below) and admire you courage to apologising to Alena.

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
And the rest of the post too. Thank you for doing this, Nadine - my experience is that being on the event threads in real time sometimes results in posts that in retrospect don't look so good. I appreciate your posting this and look forward to seeing your very enthusiastic posts elsewhere on the forum!

And when you log in tomorrow, we can talk about the guys instead! They're more interesting anyway. :biggrin:

Does anyone know what happened to Sarah Meier?

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Sorry nadine, i think its Alena Leonova rather than Elena and Baiul was Ukrainian rather than Russian.;). I agree with Bennett (from the post below) and admire you courage to apologising to Alena.

Her name sounds like Aliona (like Savchenko), but in russian letter "ё" (yo) often replaced by "e", so Alena is right too, but not Elena, it's different name.

Happy for her! Congrats! :clap: The next european champion maybe? ;) And she rotated her 3-3 :agree: I hope soon she will land it!

macemace1980

Rinkside
I have not watched NHK GP yet, but am I the only person who is disappointed about the female skaters?
So far, nobody is stable except Yuna. well prepared.

Even though Miki won, according to her scores, her skate doesn't seem to be ok and compare to Yuna's score, there is a huge difference " more than 40 points"

I love all skaters, however I don't like Miki's skating, I would like to see more exciting competitions. I mean I would like see competitions at which everyone skates perfect and then, we can hardly predict who will win.
This season, I prefer watching Male skaters' competitions to Female skaters'.

Especially, this NHK GP female one was very boring.

SusieH

On the Ice
The lady LP sounds like a splatfest. :( I think I made the right decision to go out for dinner instead of staying at home to watch the ladies. I did record it, but I don't really feel very enthusiastic about watching it.

Anyway, congratulations to Ando, Leonova, and Wagner! :) I listened to Miki's interview after the LP. She sounded very happy and repeatedly thanked the audience for their support. I think competing at home really put a lot of pressure on her. She looked so miserable in her interview after the SP, and could barely speak a word, which was very sad to see. I hope she can sort everything out, and most important of all, learn to control her nerves, and does a great job at GPF, which will, maybe unfortunately for her, also take place in Japan.

What has happened to Sarah Meier? Was she injured? Anyone knows?

So now we have four GP events done, still two to go.

The winner of ladies event at TEB scored 210.03.
The winner at CoR scored 171.93.
The winner at CoC scored 176.66.
The winner at NHK scored 162.55.

Just splendid. :no: :cry: :disapp:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well. Wagner medaled, that's all she needed to do to stay in the hunt. It may not have been her best performance here but better it happen now than at Nats. She's making a strong case for the US Oly team it seems. If she qualifies for the GPF, and does well at Nats (top 3) I wonder if they would select her over someone like, say, Czisny. (didn't the USFS' new rule talk about putting some weight on the GPF as well?)

I'm afraid to watch this one. It sounds painful for nearly everyone concerned except for Alena. I'm not familiar with her skating, but it seems I ought to get to know her, if she's going to be this good.

Nadine, good for you for apologizing. I know how intense one's emotions get when watching something like this, and fingers can fly on the keyboard almost before one knows it. Your courtesy does you honor.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Wagner LP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGKnAQN7nxI

I think the reason Wagner didn't skate well could be a stamina issue. She looks like to ran out of energy by the time she reach her footwork sequence. Most of her jump passes are at the second half of her program and she appears to me to be muscling them. She looked pretty confident out there, but just lacking to the strength to fully deliver the program. She needs more strength and core training because if she hits everything she could be the next national champion and be on the olympic team.

Last edited:

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Tweet from Ashley:

Sooooo obviously it wasn't my best, but I had a blast out there! Plus, its only up from here, I'm so excited:)

She also thanks her Japanese fans.

lakeshore

Match Penalty
The ladies do not look promising for the Olympic season. Can't believe that mini Iryna suddently gets into the top tier...

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Miki, Alena and Ashley. I just woke up could not keep my eyes open after the Mens.

life684

Final Flight
The ladies do not look promising for the Olympic season. Can't believe that mini Iryna suddently gets into the top tier...

She was 7th at the worlds last year, 4th at euros and Won the world junior title, so her progress is not completely unexpected.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I said before that Leonova was one to watch for 2014. I see she's already making good progress.