Ladies LP IN broadcast 4:50 a.m.: EST Sat. Nov 7th | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP IN broadcast 4:50 a.m.: EST Sat. Nov 7th

sjwh08

Rinkside
For either Leonova or Wagner (who have total of 24) not to go to GPF,
either Caroline Z or Alissa C should
(1) win SC to tie with them with the total score 24,
AND (2) have a larger total SP+LP score from two events.

But if either of them wins SC, it means Joannie is not guaranteed to go (24 if silver, 20 if bronze) too, so there would be one more room for the fight among 24ers : Meaning Leonova or Wagner are going to GPF, almost no matter what.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice

But if either of them wins SC, it means Joannie is not guaranteed to go (24 if silver, 20 if bronze) too, so there would be one more room for the fight among 24ers : Meaning Leonova or Wagner are going to GPF, almost no matter what.

That is, unless Tiger Woods sweeps the podium.

http://decor-74.slide.com/r/1/0/dl/...Ibol93vs8oSqncecmOpFNr7Mo1O4_ugyYU7FQg/untiny

Last edited by a moderator:

R.D.

Record Breaker

OK, thanks. Wow, good for Wagner then :clap: we have not had an American lady in the GPF in the past 2 years. And I believe we have to go all the way back to 2004 when an American was last on the podium at the GPF (Cohen). The past two Americans (Czisny, then Meissner) to make it were basically embarrassed by their competition.

I believe although Leonova and Wagner are tied, Leonova wins on the tiebreaker because of total points.

Last edited:

life684

Final Flight

Sorry, 1st tie breaker is best position obtained any of the gp, then scores, if Alissa or Caroline wins at skate canada, they automatically move ahead of Leonova and wagner.

Both leonova and wagner may not qualify if this happens

Flatt wins SA, and Yu na kim finishes second(that would be the 8th wonder).

and at canada, Zhang or Czisny wins they have 24 points and Best finish being the win. Rochette second and if she score more than (apprx.)158 points she too has 24, with best finish being second and finally suzuki third

So the standing would be
1) Ando 30
2) Kim 28
3-) Suzuki 26
4-5) Flatt 24 (1 )
4-5) Zhang/ Czisny 24 ( 1)
6) Rochette 24 (2) if rochette score more than 158~

So its is not a done deal for Leonova and Wagner

But its looks highly unlikely that yuna will lose in US, so that will allow leonova to sneak in, but the result of skate canada is very probable, hence wagner is in more trouble than leonova.

Here is the link to GP standings and you can see the 1st tie break is highest position obtained in any of the 2 gps.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/gp2009/gpsladies.htm

Last edited:

amateur

Final Flight
Yeesh, I'm glad i didn't stay up or get up early for this one....

I notice that Cynthia Phaneuf actually had the second higest TES (just edging out Ando), yet was a *distant* 6th in PCS... even 5 points behind Leonova! and 7+ behind Wagner and Lepisto... I have not seen all the performances yet (... so i know, I shouldn't really say anything..), but that seems weird/off to me - Cynthia is not in the top tier, but certainly no slouch, especially compared to those I just named. Probably due to skating in the 1st flight? That's too bad (if not annoying); she was reasonably close to a good showing here.

The footage of Phaneuf's extra warm up time before her skate (due to Meier's witdrawal), alone on the ice in front of the dead silent crowd, is riveting!

sjwh08

Rinkside
Sorry, 1st tie breaker is best position obtained any of the gp, then scores, if Alissa or Caroline wins at skate canada, they automatically move ahead of Leonova and wagner.

Both leonova and wagner may not qualify if this happens

You're right, sorry my bad. If either Alissa or Caroline wins SC and Rossette goes 2nd, and Akiko finishes 3rd, the winner and Akiko will take the spots.
Wagner, Leonova and Joannie will still fight for two spots with total scores. So Wagner has a chance there if she has higher total score than Joannie's (which is not as unlikely as the case in which Alissa or Caroline wins SC...)

I thinks it's VERY SAFE to assume that Wagner got the spot.

I honestly don't feel the need to assume that Yu-na doesn't win SA.:yes::yes:

Last edited:

shallwedansu

On the Ice
SerpentineSteps, WTH is that picture? Could you please stop posting them? Or if you do, can you post a link to them instead because you're wasting the board's bandwidth.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I felt that Ashley made more mistakes than miki.

She did have more mistakes, but her program was also more difficult and she was over-penalized for a couple of the mistakes (the shaky landings on those Double Axels done in sequence reduced the overall score of the preceding clean Triples to less than the base value...makes little sense, yet another CoP gaffe).

Miki was actually overpenalized for some things as well and I would put her 2nd in the FS anyway, but Miki's SP was not good. Ashley deserved to place 2nd overall on the strength of her SP.

Wicked

Final Flight
Anybody else think she looks like Shirley MacLaine?

Yes! I've been wracking my brain to figure out who she reminded me of. Alena meets my basic criteria for a skater- she is a joy to watch. Charisma for days! She could sell fire to someone whose house is burning down.

I liked Miki's new costume. I thought it fit the program well.

Bennett

Record Breaker
She did have more mistakes, but her program was also more difficult and she was over-penalized for a couple of the mistakes (the shaky landings on those Double Axels done in sequence reduced the overall score of the preceding clean Triples to less than the base value...makes little sense, yet another CoP gaffe).

Miki was actually overpenalized for some things as well and I would put her 2nd in the FS anyway, but Miki's SP was not good. Ashley deserved to place 2nd overall on the strength of her SP.

True. We often forget about SP after FS is over. Miki herself said that she did not deserve the scores she got at SP.

I wish if Ashley received better PCS. She has among the best choreographed programs. She performs them well. Music, costumes, and hairdo all go perfectly well. Everything is so well constructed. She also has nice speed and techniques. Although she did lose the speed toward the end of FS after all the mistakes, she deserved better PCS both in SP and FS.