Pairs LP IN broadcast 12:15 a.m.: EST Nov. 7th

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nagano time GMT + 9:00; 14:15

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Narumi TAKAHASHI / Mervin TRAN JPN 8 39.80
Music: Madame Butterfly by Giacomo Puccini performed by Vanessa Mae; Butterfly Lovers Violin Concerto performed by Vanessa Mae
2 Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS CAN 7 47.32
Music: Van Helsing (soundtrack)
3 Mylene BRODEUR / John MATTATALL CAN 6 51.10
Music: Have Lunch With Me; Singin' In The Rain
4 Ksenia KRASILNIKOVA / Konstantin BEZMATERNIKH RUS 5 51.32
Music: Pirates of the Caribbean (soundtrack) by Klaus Badelt and Hans Zimmer

Warm-Up Group 2
5 Rena INOUE / John BALDWIN USA 4 52.52
Music: Concert for Piano No. 1 by Peter I. Tchaikovski
6 Caydee DENNEY / Jeremy BARRETT USA 3 55.20
Music: Scheherazade by Nikolai Rimski-Korsakov
7 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN 2 67.30
Music: Impossible Dream from "Man of La Mancha" by Joe Hisaishi
8 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV RUS 1 68.90
Music: Valse Sentimentale by Peter I. Tchaikovski; An der schönen blauen Donau by Johann Strauss

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh how I love the music of Madame Butterfly, brings back wonderful memories of Kristi Yamaguchi skating to it in Japan one year during the World Pros (she lost to Midori Ito that year btw), but my it was one for the ages.:love:

Okay, back to this very young couple from JPN, her split in that split-double twist was first rate! However, she fell on their sbs jump & the throw jump, and he also fell on their next sbs jump. Feel so sorry for them because it was in front of their home country. Still, the qualities they already have so young should take them far in the future!:rock:

Mikoto

Rinkside
T/T missed too many jumps...

Still they has nice qualities in non-jumping elements.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
what an awful skate for this team :( scared the crap out of me when he fell on the lift! :eek:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Omg, I feel so sorry for this couple, so many mistakes, especially when the lift where he was carrying her down the ice, I thought for sure we were going to see a scary accident when he slipped off his edge (shades of Dube & Davison), but thank goodness they managed to save that fall. Too bad about the ending spins, it looks like they just gave up. :cry:

gold12345

Medalist
Ah, this Canadian team scared me a little. Luckily the fall on the lift wasn't too bad. Weird mistake on the pair spin, too.

Mikoto

Rinkside
L/S
Splat from her on sbs 3S
He singled SBS 2A
Hand down on both of throw
He fell on a lift
She fell? on pair spin

Oh, dear.

life684

Final Flight
T/T had such a good junior grand prix this season, i guess the transition did not help. Good luck with JGPFs T/T

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
She didn't look comfortable in warm-up nor before they stepped out to skate, so their mistakes (Lawrence/Sweigers) didn't come as that much of a surprise. But I hate pairs falls. I'm way too paranoid to handle that. The pairs spin just came to a complete halt. Other mistakes too.

83.45 - 1st/1st

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Too bad for the Canadian team. They have some really nice elements in their program. Hope they skate better the next time.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thank goodness they were alright after that fall. Lots of mistakes but I like this couple. They had some nice qualities to their skating and I thought the program was well choreographed. They just need to practice more. lol

Nadine

Record Breaker
Few mishaps here & there by this CAN pair, but not bad at all, though I feel this cutesie pie routine is a little bit too immature for them. JMHO. :)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
"Yeah, I don't know how we did either."

Not great words to utter when leaving the ice. Brodeur and Mattatal have a delightful program, but they (she) just don't seem able to skate it cleanly. I think they'll score higher than we expect because it really does milk the COP for a lot of points. Their lifts are so rock solid.

99.61 ("still not bad.")

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Oh no, another fall from the Russian pair. Give me just one clean program. Is it too much to ask? :scowl:

Nadine

Record Breaker
This RUS couple doesn't seem Russian to me at all, displaying none of the tradition of trademark elegance & refinement, et al. It didn't help that their sbs jumps were off & her falling on practically all of them. Neither did the horrid costumes nor music. Nothing really flowed IMHO.