Which Present Quad King Do You Like Best? | Golden Skate

Which Present Quad King Do You Like Best?

Which Present Quad King Do You Like Best?

• Brian Joubert

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Evgeni Plushenko

Votes: 31 48.4%

• Total voters

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
So which present Quad King do you like best? Why?

Brian Joubert

Evgeni Plushenko

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
neither one strike my fancy... one is a copycat of epic proportions (Kurt's choreography was the exception) and the other keeps getting attacked by invisible bugs ;) (both a bit of exaggeration going on, but that's how I feel)

evangeline

Record Breaker
....why isn't there a "none of the above" option?

But if the question was "who is the REAL quad king," I'd have to give my vote to Plushenko. His consistency on the quad over so many years is simply astounding.

plushyta

On the Ice
.... But if the question was "who is the REAL quad king," I'd have to give my vote to Plushenko. His consistency on the quad over so many years is simply astounding.
Also :agree: ... and so easy, fascinating and sure, that you do not have even worried about it :bow::rock:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Too bad Alexei had hip problems....Plush and Brian would be walking behind him. :laugh: :laugh: :clap: :clap:

jennylovskt

Medalist
I think if we talk about quad king, Plushenko is the only one who can be called the king. We have seen enough faltered quads from Joubert. I like them both, depends on their programs, I sometimes like one more than the other. This season, I like Brian's programs more.

psbfan01

Rinkside
why just 2 choices?

What about Tim Goebel, Kurt Browning (wasnt he the 1st person to do a quad?) or Elvis Stojko?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
What about Tim Goebel, Kurt Browning (wasnt he the 1st person to do a quad?) or Elvis Stojko?

Kurt had the first "official" quad in competition, however Brian Boitano and Jumpin Joe also had quads at teh same time and it was a race for who would be the first. Joe and Boitano both two footed in their attempts... Kurt landed on one foot with a turn out. judges counted his, discounted the others (whihc were both before his, IIRC)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I like Stephane Lambiel and Ryan Bradley, who does 2 quads per LP these days quite successfully, better than Plush or Joubert.

jozmen01

Rinkside
I didn't vote - poll definitely needs other so Lambiel & Bradley could be added - even Abbott!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I voted Joubert because I dislike him less than I dislike Plushenko. My favourite quad king REALLY is Ryan Bradley.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
What about Verner? He has the best 4t+3t out of all the men, his quad is always HUGE! I know he tends to make a lot of mistakes in his programs, but usually it's on easy stuff and not the quad. When he lands his quad it's gorgeous :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwaHebBhjIA&feature=related
If you ignore the popped axel and lutz and just look at the 4t+3t, you will notice it is amazing. He got +2 GOE on it!

Last edited:

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
neither one strike my fancy... one is a copycat of epic proportions (Kurt's choreography was the exception) and the other keeps getting attacked by invisible bugs ;) (both a bit of exaggeration going on, but that's how I feel)

XD XD XD
Well...