OD Nov 14. 2.00 PM EST | Page 4 | Golden Skate

OD Nov 14. 2.00 PM EST

life684

Final Flight
I resp disagree. D/W can't get away with a mediocre performance, I don't see it happening.

Performance aside, they have picked 3 Bollywood songs, one may be remotely inspired by Kathak others are not. Others are picking up genuine music that is used to dance the program.

and steps are also not genuinely kathak or inspired by kathak

Last edited:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
The main problem for me in D/W OD is that is kind of bollywod, not Idian Folk Dance
Bollywood's been around for quite some time, it may be seen as a part of the culture. It all started with Raj Kapoor in the 1950s, if not earlier.

life684

Final Flight
Bollywood's been around for quite some time, it may be seen as a part of the culture. It all started with Raj Kapoor in the 1950s, if not earlier.

Yes, may be before Raj Kapoor. But Indians don't regard Bollywood dances as folk dances, further more they are calling the dance Kathak rather than bollywood dance (or they did initially).

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
and steps are also not genuinely kathak or inspired by kathak
You're prob right, it's possible I wouldn't recognize genuinely kathak moves even if they were performed right under my nose.
Still like that fake OD.

herios

Medalist
B&A:

Did they change something in the routine? Thier OD looks less Soviet this time.
Tanith is so pretty.

Their dance never was soviet to begin with. It is a moldavian folk, and Republic of Moldova used to be before the 1940 part of Romania, and the western half of it is still there in the eastern region of Romania..

The last section of their dance is an extract of Romanian Rapsody # 1 by Enescu, the most famous romanian composer.

samba

On the Ice
Good for N/B, seasonal best!!:rock:

What happened with C/Z? Why their TES was so low? Did I miss something?

L'amour

On the Ice
I really enjoy B/A OD, smes to be atuthentic, the costumes are cute and I hope they keep improving over the season. They are skating really fast don't they?

what happened to K/N really low scores?

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Their dance never was soviet to begin with. It is a moldavian folk, and Republic of Moldova used to be before the 1940 part of Romania, and the western half of it is still there in the eastern region of Romania..

The last section of their dance is an extract of Romanian Rapsody # 1 by Enescu, the most famous romanian composer.

Moldova stayed Soviet for decades. The kind of dance B/A are using, was to see on Soviet TV regularly. That is why I called it 'Soviet'.

herios

Medalist
It looks like one element was completely ruled out, but I don't know how. Lowest TES of the competition. Anyone?

That was a very bad dance. It is a shame they could hang on to second after being 5th in the OD. There is something wrong with how much the CD is influencing the outcome. It is like a protocol place holder.

samba

On the Ice
I really enjoy B/A OD, smes to be atuthentic, the costumes are cute and I hope they keep improving over the season. They are skating really fast don't they?

what happened to K/N really low scores?

She put her foot down on twizzle, most likely got level 1 on that element.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
That was a very bad dance. It is a shame they could hang on to second after being 5th in the OD. There is something wrong with how much the CD is influencing the outcome. It is like a protocol place holder.
K/N are just a fraction of a point ahead of C/L, who from what I've read here (feed kept freezing on me) weren't particularly brilliant. I've no problem with CDs being a big part of the score, so long as they are judged properly.

I still maintain there was some sort of deal with the devil, which expired after 2009 Euros. :biggrin:

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
Moldova stayed Soviet for decades. The kind of dance B/A are using, was to see on Soviet TV regularly. That is why I called it 'Soviet'.

I am romanian and our folk music from Moldova region is exactly how B/A are dancing. the costumes are what I used to wear in kindergarten, when I was dancing at our festivities.

I am not denying that Moldova was soviet for decades, but before 1940 was part of Romania, going back to middle ages.

herios

Medalist
She put her foot down on twizzle, most likely got level 1 on that element.

That is correct. First they went out of synch, he was turning half turn behind her, then she put one foot down when switching direction.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I am romanian and our folk music from Moldova region is exactly how B/A are dancing. the costumes are what I used to wear in kindergarten, when I was dancing at our festivities.

I am not denying that Moldova was soviet for decades, but before 1940 was part of Romania, going back to middle ages.

Well, I think it's a great thing that unlike me, ppl of a different cultural background don't associate B/A's OD with Soviet Union. More power to Linitchuk! I didn't live before 1940s, I only tell what I saw.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That is correct. First they went out of synch, he was turning half turn behind her, then she put one foot down when switching direction.

That would be no level, I think? since it is a "Sequential Twizzle" and requires twizzles in both directions. If she put her foot down before the second set, the second set don't count, and without at least one twizzle in the second set, the whole element doesn't count.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I am glad to see the Zaretskis take the bronze in the OD, and I would really like to see them take the Bronze overall, they are within reaching distance.

I did not like the Russian couple K/N at all, she maybe flexable but I do not see the chemestry.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I watched the replay on ice network on the twizzles-looks like Jana got about 1 1/2 rev. before she put the foot down. So it should be level 1. They must have gotten downlevels in the footwork sequences as well as the twizzles to get that TES score.