Ladies SP Saturday Nov 14th 7:00 p.m. EST: | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP Saturday Nov 14th 7:00 p.m. EST:

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Exactly. Me too. To some of these fanbots, however, not calling her a gift from God is equivalent to being anti-YuNa.

I highly doubt Yuna's feelings would be hurt if not everyone like her but geez, her fanbots need to be less sensitive. It's part of life. Not everyone is going to like your fandom and it's okay. The world is not going to end ... yet. ;)

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Since Ladies' PCS are factored by 0.8 in the SP as opposed to 1.0 for the Men's PCS, she actually would be in the lead among the Men too, if I'm not mistaken.

You gotta take her spiral seq out and count her step seq twice, because men do two steps instead of one spiral and one step. Her score might be higher.

skatingbc

Final Flight
Go to any regional skating competition and you will see at least one skater skating to Classical Gas. It's like the Carmen of the lower ranks.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
To make it closer to a men's SP comp, if you remove Yuna's spiral seq and let's say we count her step seq twice, leave all else the same, where would her score stand?

Well protocols aren't out for SA, but at TEB she got 4.80 for her spiral seq and 4.10 for her step sequence, so that's -.70 difference in her score which would still put her in 3rd for the men.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Judging by what I just saw I take it that Emily Hughes is not going to make the Olympic team. Personally, I never saw the what all of the hype was about anyways. I feel that the only reason she was 'hyped' is because she is Sarah Hughes' little sister, and all through Torino they media kept asking if lightning would strike twice.

But I am sorry to see that Alex did not do as well, I was hoping that she was going to really present her case to be considered a serious contender for the olympic team. At this rate it is going to be Rachel and or either Carolina Zhang or Miri Nagasu.

Alexe does not look ready for primetime to me at all. In another year or two maybe.
Rachael totally unimpressive to me when compared to the top skaters. Mirai definitely has it over Rachael if she can get her ur's fixed up.

prettykeys

Medalist
Hello? Pretentious? Wait, you ARE talking about Yeon-A right? Are you kidding?

I apologize if you're not talking about Yeon-A, but if you are, I think you need to go back and think about it again.

Sorry I'm being harsh, but that comment kind of rubbed me the wrong way.
I think this comment says it all...

Yu-Na will bomb. I'm tired of her being divinized.

:p:p:p

enlight78

Medalist
i feel sorry for yu-na; at first she only had to worry about beating mao; Now her biggest rival is her WR world record and after breaking it three times in a row everyone is watching her; i was so nervous and i could feel her tension and nervousness; like she now feels the pressure to break everytime; its huge; no one skates clean everytime. She is gonna be a mess at the gp final . I hope not ; like my sassy yuna

prettykeys

Medalist
I don't know if this is technically true, but aren't GOE's for the ladies done relative to other ladies, too, and not necessarily compared to guys?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Judging by what I just saw I take it that Emily Hughes is not going to make the Olympic team. Personally, I never saw the what all of the hype was about anyways. I feel that the only reason she was 'hyped' is because she is Sarah Hughes' little sister, and all through Torino they media kept asking if lightning would strike twice.

It's unlikely, yes. But given how wide open the field is, and how easily the door can be opened by a mistake from the front-runner, I'd never say never.

Even with three spots her chances would be slim at best. Hard to imagine she'd be able to beat all but one American...not without the SOHL and meltdowns from several top contenders...even then they may not send her based on how she's done recently.

So far my favorite ladies here are Yu Na, Glebova, Tugba, and (less) Julya. Fumie was good but not noteworthy. I don't like this cutesy program of Rachael's and I don't understand her score. Well, I guess I'll wait for the protocols.

Without Mao around, Yu Na really is in a class of her own. Even though I'm tired of hearing commentators drool about her, what else can they do? :laugh:

lakeshore

Match Penalty
So would I. Julia is the second cleanest skater after Yuna, followed by Fumie.

It's called Skate America!! You'd expect a bit favorism from the host country. It's really about UR calls, which is why this system sucks. Both of Rachel's jumps looked suspicious rotation-wise. But i assume she got the benefit of doubt from the controller.

beep_beep

Medalist
Ok people, now off to the boys thread.
We won't even have to wait around to see Verner skate... in the 1st group :no:

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
It's unlikely, yes. But given how wide open the field is, and how easily the door can be opened by a mistake from the front-runner, I'd never say never.

Even with three spots her chances would be slim at best. Hard to imagine she'd be able to beat all but one American...not without the SOHL and meltdowns from several top contenders...even then they may not send her based on how she's done recently.

Given how she has performed internationally, during the last few opportunities she has been given, there is no way that she is going to make the Olympic team.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I highly doubt Yuna's feelings would be hurt if not everyone like her but geez, her fanbots need to be less sensitive. It's part of life. Not everyone is going to like your fandom and it's okay. The world is not going to end ... yet. ;)

Agreed. They see the need to defend their little princess but it's not necessary.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
It's called Skate America!! You'd expect a bit favorism from the host country. It's really about UR calls, which is why this system sucks. Both of Rachel's jumps looked suspicious rotation-wise. But i assume she got the benefit of doubt from the controller.

Ahh, no. I mean it can/does happen but Skate America was pretty brutal to their own women last year and placed all non-Americans on their podium. Only one American has won skate America in the last four years and that was Kimmie Meissner.