Ladies SP Saturday Nov 14th 7:00 p.m. EST: | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP Saturday Nov 14th 7:00 p.m. EST:

beep_beep

Medalist
Granny refers to a bad hairstyle Julia had some years ago, not her age (she's been Granny for a while now :p)

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
The Granny nickname comes not really from her age, but from a certain hairstyle she wore for a couple of seasons, about 5-6 years back (when she was certainly not the oldest around at that time)

I understand, but it's still derogatory, especially considering that: (a) her hair's no longer like that so there's no basis for the remark; and (b) it's a "convenient" nickname in that she does happen to be older than most skaters.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Rachael should really work on her spins, especially given how so many of the other US ladies (Alissa, Caroline, Mirai, etc) are such good spinners.

lakeshore

Match Penalty
I have to admit the choreography and music suit Flattt well. She fell on a 3+3, i suspected it's ur.

Both jumps looked URed. I hate her wild swing when doing 3flip/3lutz. She should get edge calls for both jumps.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
PbP

Sebestyen SP score 58.54 pts - 1st

Rachael Flatt
3F-3T - fall
3Lz - flutz
FCSp
SpSq
LSp
2A - ok
SlSt - nice int. of music
CCoSp

amateur

Final Flight
I understand, but it's still derogatory, especially considering that: (a) her hair's no longer like that so there's no basis for the remark; and (b) it's a "convenient" nickname in that she does happen to be older than most skaters.

I kinda understand your point, but it's a nickname that just kinda stuck, the way nicknames do... came mostly from European fans actually, meant in an affectionate way really, and has been used for *years* on this board, really has nothing to do with her age, except for the "coincidence" that everyone does get older.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Flatt's expression needs work, but she's clearly working on it. I really enjoyed that skate, and she did a good job of overcoming that mistake. Of all the American ladies, she does seem to have her head screwed on tightest.