Men's SP 9:00 p.m Nov. 13th EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men's SP 9:00 p.m Nov. 13th EST

janetfan

Match Penalty
My feed is gone K.
That means Tomas will probably skate well and I won' see it :yes:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Okay, if Shawn Sawyer's jumps matched his level of musicality and expression, we'd be talking about a possible medal candidate.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
was totally underwhelmed by Ryan's SP... not as spunky and as pleasing as some of his other gems :no: but he's definitely got some character in teh straightline

ETA - and why did I think Sean Sawyer was from a more western region of Canada?

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Well, the feed isn't good. Needs to be investigated with a good quality vid.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
was totally underwhelmed by Ryan's SP... not as spunky and as pleasing as some of his other gems :no: but he's definitely got some character in teh straightline

ETA - and why did I think Sean Sawyer was from a more western region of Canada?

His last name? Or was that just me? I hear "Sawyer" I think Mark Twain.

Last edited:

AmEagle3313

Rinkside
I really liked Yasuharu...good musicality and he was engaging (at least through a computer monitor...lol). Good 3A...but the doubled and two-footed lutz will hurt

nadster

Final Flight
Don't know why Shawn insists on doing the lutz in the SP. It is a very inconsistent jump for him and he has a consistent and beautiful loop that would get more points.

Funny the triple flip triple toe combo is far more consistent for him than the lutz

Scout

Final Flight
Sometimes I wonder if the miss on the lutz is a mental thing/loss of focus for Shawn. His 3A and 3F/3T go well, then he misses the solo lutz. Maybe if he put the lutz as his first jump, he'd be more focused when he attempts it, instead of thinking that it's the last jump in the program.