Men's SP 9:00 p.m Nov. 13th EST | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Men's SP 9:00 p.m Nov. 13th EST

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Oh Verner! Just when I though he is ready to step up to the front, too bad about the fall on the quad thou.
He can still get a bronze, if he skated clean and others flater. At least 5-6 guys ahead of him will not threaten him on a normal day. The question is 2nd to 4th guy on the standing, will they deliver a clean skate!!

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
At least the press will stop bitching about, how the streak is finally over. They been complaining about, american skater not winning the SA for, the last 4 or 5 years.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Verner now out of GP final more than likely.

I dunno. Fifth isn't implausible here - the point spread is just over ten and it's not like the people in between him and fifth are models of consistency (nor is he, of course). That gives him 20 points in total.

Skate Canada has Chan, Takahashi, Abbott, Contesti and Brezina. With a Fifth place finish here, Verner outscores Brezina in fourth, Contesti or Takahashi in third; Abbott in second comes to point differentials, and Chan is a non-contender.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
After the interview with Evan we now know a little bit more about Evan's costumes.

Note to Vera Wang: Firebird cries out for color. Even if Evan does like black - black does not work for Firebird.

seniorita

Record Breaker
and remember Evan did not need the "finger" or pelvic thrust to get that high score

And remember plushenko didnt have the finger neither the hip thrust in Sp to get that score. 4-3 and a rotated 3axel and equal arm flailing. Without the feathers.

Tomas :frown:, I m frustrated, greek music has jinxed him?
I so like his straight sequence, his program has so many details.
i m so sorry K..he looked like he was ill?
I dont believe I didnt sleep for this disaster.
Amodio had the best skate of the night.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I wouldn't say his performances at TEB or Worlds 09 were bombs, in either program. Those were his last two competitions.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Agree, TEB was good.

If it's true about Tomas not feeling well, having fever, did he really have to skate?

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I did not stay awake, and looks like it was the right decision. I take it Evan Lysacek was the best in a rather underwhelming field - not surprising considering the USFSA pretty much set it up for him to win. Did he really deserve nearly seven points over Amodio in PCS, though? :unsure:

Poor Tomas, is he really sick? He should WD and get some rest. Stay away from US hospitals, though, Tomas - they'll bankrupt you!

ETA: Evan Lysacek on his program and costume:
"I wanted to do something different this year," he said. In the past, his costumes have been either tuxedos or bull-fighting uniforms and his music has had a Spanish flare. When he was first introduced to the music and choreography, he said, "This is so not me." But then he fell in love with "such an interesting character."

"I love skating this program," he said, focused on challenging himself artistically.
I'll withhold comment. :biggrin:

Last edited:

hauteor

On the Ice
I was chatting live on justintv and the russians actually had the most intelligent and sarcastic comments of them all (there were americans, austrians, spanish, french, english, koreans and japanese to name a few who all had to fit into that tiny commentary box). One of them said he was more of a crow than a firebird. I found this so hilarious and translated the same opinion into english. It quickly caught on. So Evan the Crow.

I was looking at this with the eyes of a new born- haven't seen any of their programs and Evan was the only one I "knew" (there were more guys I knew by name, but knew nothing about their skating tho...). All in all I think he deserved to place first, as for the others - loved the funky suspenders on Lutai and Macypura was cute beyond belief (especially after the program - the hair, the not seeing the camera- kinda "blond" of him, but whatever).

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I did not stay awake, and looks like it was the right decision. I take it Evan Lysacek was the best in a rather underwhelming field - not surprising considering the USFSA pretty much set it up for him to win. Did he really deserve nearly seven points over Amodio in PCS, though? :unsure:

No Evan did not deserve those PCS. Somewhat inflated. Maybe on skating skills but the rest? Not over Amodio for sure. And not better choreo than Verner despite Verner's mishaps.

Last edited:
The skate is over and imo, I would not object to either Evan or Florent winning. I can't believe those judges are concerned about the venue.

Certain scores within the range of 1 point are ties for me. We are looking at extremely different styles here, so it's basically a pick your choice.

For the LP, forget the style differences, and check to see who is the more consistent.

Your continuous Evan/USA bashing is noted.
I'll withold further comment :biggrin:
Not unusual for some fans to have problems with certain skaters. Many fans said openly that they preferred anyone to win but Kwan. Oh the schodenfroid(sp) of it all! .

to be honest, I must admit I have deep schodnfreud(sp) for Plushenko. I would not object to see Florent beat him.